A glimpse of it

Stian Gudmundsen Høiland, modified 12 Years ago at 8/20/11 9:41 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/20/11 9:12 PM

A glimpse of it

I sat, eyes closed and very concentrated, listening to this (by Ajahn Brahmavamso).

Shedding all concepts of time before and after this meditation and letting go of every thing in the future and in the past - whatever it was that came up as a resistance to let go like this - I decided that just for the duration of this sitting anything in time will not matter and I will only focus on whatever peace and stillness present in this moment.

And, just for a fraction of a second, perfection dawned. All only is (i.e. everything was only "is-ing"). Still, calm, stable, peaceful, bright, vivid, clear, golden, timeless.

It wasn't actually beautiful - it just was. But the experience of it that I am left with is very beautiful.

EDIT:

While writing some notes about this to myself, I found the phrase "absolutely surrender to the present moment" to actually be spot on (it sounded like rubbish before), and while many will say that there is nothing you can possibly do to "get it", that doesn't honk my horn. You should do whatever it is you need to do to absolutely surrender to the present moment. For me that was shedding thoughts about past and future and allowing only this (i.e. whatever that was happening) to be.

And may I add: it was all I could ever want.