My Magick Experiences

thumbnail
Illuminatus, modified 9 Years ago at 7/16/14 4:41 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 7/16/14 4:38 PM

My Magick Experiences

Hi all,

This is my first post. Some of you may know me by my screen name Illuminatus from my writings in places such as the Seduction Community, Steve Pavlina's forum and my own website which I won't mention because I'm not here to spam. I just got recommended to this site today by my friend.

Anyway, there's a lot to take in here so I'll write my "magick" experiences (not even sure if that's the right word) and hopefully you can tell me what they mean, and what to look into next for study etc.

Seeing the Future

As a VERY young child I had dreams of the future which would come true the next day exactly as in the dream. E.g. visiting an airport I had never been to and had no idea we were visiting the next day. I had about 3 or so such dreams that I can remember. They stopped after about age 7 or so.

About a year after taking up meditation, while meditating I had a vision. An image of a woman's arm with a silver bracelet with purple stones. It was like I was seeing something that was happening "through" my eyelids. I was definitely not asleep. My friend came over that night and she said to me, "Do you like my new bracelet?" Then the arm went in front of my face and it had the bracelet in a 100% match to the vision. After that I would have "context"-based "intuitive" premonitions such as the sudden knowledge my boss who I hadn't spoke to for a year would contact me, then going downstairs to find an email from him. The premonitions gradually became less "content"-based (i.e. exact visions) and more theme-based like this. I never got the "exact vision match" again but still have "theme" premonitions from time to time, in decreasing frequency despite keeping up the practice.

Another Vision

While meditating once I saw a golden Buddha similar to this: http://www.rsaa.org.uk/images/photos/full/golden_buddha.jpg
Again, it was like seeing through my eyelids. I've had other visions since but more non-descript (I don't even remember them now) but, again, they are of ever-decreasing frequency despite maintaining the practice.

Thought Transfer

Countless times somebody in my vicinity has said the exact words I was thinking. It happens so quickly it makes me wonder if I heard them first then thought it and my brain's just "out of sync" with itself. These were often people I didn't know and wasn't talking to, e.g. people in shops.

A few months ago, a girl I was seeing came to mine and talked about a new tattoo she had designed. I described it for her and, wide-eyed, she said "Yes! It's exactly like that." I then showed her the new logo for my site which nobody had ever seen and it was exactly like her tattoo. She sent me the design and it was the same. I had several such experiences with her; it was an intensely pleasurable time.

Making People "Do" Things

I was living in France for about 9 months. In the second month I was coming off a tramadol addiction, was completely alone in the town and didn't speak French. I felt like hell; in pain, confused and scared. Walking around town trying to be "present", I looked at someone and they fell over. Not even a stumble, a complete fall which hurt them. This then happened to another three people in a row, over the course of about 2 hours. It was like my pain just focused like a laser on them.

On the "positive" side, when I was playing with the idea of "mind control" (and therefore temporarily was fully bought-into the idea) I could see a girl in a nightclub for example and have her walk over and kiss me or least just stand in front of me -- from the opposite side of the bar or club. This has happened a dozen times or so when I've felt in the "space" where this would "certainly" happen.

Visualization

I have had intentional visualizations come true to a degree of accuracy that beggars belief. This usually happens when I return to visualization after several months of "not believing in it any more". Something will prompt me to try it again, and it will happen exactly as I wish it. After that (which I've been presuming is when my ego gets involved), these visualizations have decreasing returns till they appear to stop working again. The cycle typically repeats a few months later.

These have included finding money, getting girls, and new business opportunities just landing in my lap.

A recurring theme (I perceive) is that these "powers" (not just visualization, some of the others above as well) happen best when I am curious about something -- i.e. not "ego-invested". If I'm trying something just to see what happens, it's got a high chance of happening exactly like I thought it would. If I'm doing them to "get" specific things, they work far less well and often not at all, at which point I lose faith in them and abandon them, usually to pick them up again a few months later when something piques my curiosity again.

Sexual Powers

I'm not going to go into this too much lest I be accused of bragging but I feel I can "enter" the other person while having sex. I can give her an experience she's never had before, and dozens of orgasms easily even if she's not had them before (their words, not mine). It's like a powerful kind of state transfer; I feel like I "am" her temporarily. One woman did a painting of me as Jesus Christ after such an experience. Sex is always transcendent for me.

This started happening to this level shortly after starting to practise meditation. Thankfully this one has never stopped working. emoticon If anything it has increased significantly with each new experience.

QUESTIONS

- Are any of these "siddhis" and if so which ones?

- I've seen it mentioned around here that the book "Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha" has a section on "Magick and The Power". I downloaded the free e-book version after following some links and I don't see this section?

- Am I "special"? I'm pretty titillated by what I've seen of "the other side". Can I harness these "powers" and get them working consistently? I would love to find out what can be done!

- So where do I go from here? What do I look up next?

I have other experiences such as OOBE too but I think this post is long enough for now.

Thanks!

Edd a.k.a. Illuminatus
thumbnail
Eric M W, modified 9 Years ago at 7/16/14 5:18 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 7/16/14 5:16 PM

RE: My Magick Experiences

QUESTIONS

- Are any of these "siddhis" and if so which ones?

- I've seen it mentioned around here that the book "Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha" has a section on "Magick and The Power". I downloaded the free e-book version after following some links and I don't see this section?

- Am I "special"? I'm pretty titillated by what I've seen of "the other side". Can I harness these "powers" and get them working consistently? I would love to find out what can be done!

Hey Edd,

Yes, these are siddhis. I can't tell you which ones off the top of my head, at least in Theravadin terms, but they are pretty stock and standard. There are two categories of powers in the Buddhist tradition-- mundane and supramundane. Any being with good concentration or natural proclivity can attain to the mundane powers, whereas supramundane powers are available only to enlightened beings. 

According to my ebook's table of contents, the section on the powers is on page 144. It's in part 3, after the description of the fourth jhana.

Well, no, you aren't "special," not at all. emoticon Though it does sound like you might have a natural knack for this sort of thing, as do I. These powers can be cultivated by any being with good concentration skills, and there are some practitioners who can basically turn them on and off at will. Good morality is also *highly* recommended. Anything done without the purest intentions can come back and bite you. 

- So where do I go from here? What do I look up next?

I recommend reading part 1 of Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha. It talks about the three trainings, and the three characteristics. From there you can start practice in insight meditation. Be sure to read the Forward and Warning, and I will say here, that the path of insight meditation has some really dark parts. Specifically, read the chapter on the Dark Night in Part III. You may even lose access to the powers for a time, but it's worth the trouble.

I highly recommend you read this erowid experience report, written by someone who practiced insight meditation. It will basically spell it out for you. 

I also highly recommend In This Very Life, by Burmese meditation master Sayadaw U Pandita. It's available for free at the link.

Good luck,
E
thumbnail
Jeff Grove, modified 9 Years ago at 7/16/14 5:36 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 7/16/14 5:35 PM

I have had similar clairvoyant experiences. Can I control them - no but it has happened enough for me to question. One of the by products of meditation that often occur for me are seeing and feeling energy/qi fields around people. Occassionally a person, animal or even a tree will be close by and it will tug on my field/awareness.
When I was in China training my teacher and his teacher demonstrated teleknisis, lighting fires with their minds and a number of other things which I captured on video and have shared here before.You may want to check out http://www.urbandharma.org/udharma14/pathpure.html and read through these books
visuddhimagga and Vimuttimagga. Look at the kasina practices and the powers. Everything is worth investigating
Usually breath practices and concentration/jhana skills are involved
cheers
thumbnail
Illuminatus, modified 9 Years ago at 7/22/14 9:55 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 7/22/14 9:55 AM

Thanks all! I am reading MCTB in its entirety and will hopefully add more experiences as they arise.

Breadcrumb