Cloud Mountain Retreat Center
Cloud Mountain Retreat Center#
- Name of Center: Cloud Mountain Retreat Center
- Address: 373 Agren Road,Castle Rock, WA 98611
- Phone Number: 360-274-4859; 888-465-9118
- Website: http://www.cloudmountain.org
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Tradition(s): An assortment of programs from a variety of traditions. Check out the website.
- Technique(s): Various
- Teacher(s): Various
- Cost: Various
- Accommodations: single rooms, double rooms, dormitory style rooms located in a number of different buildings.
- Facilities: A number of different buildings in close proximity in a forest locale.
- Physical Setting: A lovely, peaceful and secluded forest setting with several ponds. Very tall trees.
- Food (Vegetarian/Vegan/etc.): Vegetarian. The main meal is the mid-day meal.
- Retreat Length(s): Any where from a weekend to several weeks.
- Typical Schedule: Unique to individual programs.
- Issues of Taboos around attainment, real practice, disclosing insights, etc.: Unique to individual teachers
- Issues of Rites/Rituals: General guidelines may be found at the Center's URL listed above.
- Issues of Proper Dress: Basic common sense; general guidelines may be found at the Center's URL listed above.
- Issues of Etiquette: General guidelines may be found at the Center's URL listed above.
- Issues of Language: None unless teacher specific.
- Health Issues: None.
- Logistical Issues: About 2.5 hours travel time south from Seattle (a bit less than this from Seattle-Tacoma Int'l Airport); 1.5 hours north from Porland OR.
- Strengths: A great setting for sitting, then walking, then sitting again...
- Weaknesses: None that I found.
- Other Comments: Over the course of three days I saw a deer, a possum, and several raccoons.
- Overall Impression: Awesome.
- Worthy of recommendation on the Dharma Overground? Absolutley!