Insight practice - Wiki
Insight practice is a broad, catch-all term for those practices from whatever tradition that are designed to produce enlightenment.
A far from complete list includes:
- Vipassana, which includes many practices
- Dzogchen a Tibetan formless practice
- Zazen and Shikantaza
- I Am practices of Vedanta
- Koan practice of Zen and Chan
- Tantric practices
- and a whole host of other techniques and practices
Insight practice as a term is often contrasted with concentration practice, which is a set of practices designed to produce temporary states. While these are laid out as being clearly differentiated from each other, in reality there can be overlap, with our practice swinging between these two or not even being explicitly in one camp or the other. Esoteric practices such as Tantra may particularly blur this line and not make these specific distinctions.