how seeking the causalities of cruelty/suffering effects their termination

thumbnail
tarin greco, modified 13 Years ago at 9/18/10 3:38 AM
Created 13 Years ago at 9/18/10 3:38 AM

how seeking the causalities of cruelty/suffering effects their termination

continued from the Likely tool for avoidance or likely tool for new generations? thread.

k a steger:

I understand that you would like my understanding of causality. I think a conversation about apparent perception of causality is better suited in another thread*.

(...)

*To respond briefly to your request here: the perception of causality that I appreciate most (for it's bland simplicity) is that every unit of experience comes into existence from a preceding unit of experience.

ok... how does perceiving that every unit of experience comes into existence from a preceding unit of existence cause you to terminate being (cruelly and sufferingly) miserable et al about cruelty and suffering[1]?

however it does (assuming that it does), would this not mean that with such termination (of being miserable et al about cruelty and suffering), you would no longer be cruel (no longer inflict the suffering of misery/disgust/anger) and suffer (its reception) as you evidently currently are and do? if so, would this not mean that you would no longer feel miserable/feel disgusted/feel angry?

tarin

[1]
k a steger:

I have no conviction in your assumption in the furthermost right-side of variable x in 1.1:

Tarin:
assuming that doing x = <the thing-really-reminiscent-of-what-I-am-hearing-about-AF> = doing <seeing, for yourself, that feeling miserable/feeling disgusted/feeling angry about the cruelty and the suffering (in the world and in yourself) does nothing to actually end (or even improve) such cruelty and suffering>

What I have experienced is that being miserable et al. about cruelty and/with resulting suffering leads to seeking their causalities for the sake of their understanding/termination/mitigation/maybe acceptance.
Change A, modified 13 Years ago at 2/2/11 8:55 AM
Created 13 Years ago at 2/2/11 8:55 AM

RE: how seeking the causalities of cruelty/suffering effects their terminat

Where did the thread "Likely tool for avoidance or likely tool for new generations?" go? When I click on the link, it says "The message could not be found".

Breadcrumb