Help with grounding

thumbnail
Wet Paint, modified 14 Years ago at 8/14/09 9:02 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 8/14/09 9:02 AM

Help with grounding

Author: Crazywisdom
Forum: Dharma Overground Discussion Forum

I am strugling with to much energy in my head, spaciness etc. If I meditate inevitably my crown chakra gets blasted with energy and I get in trouble so I don`t do that these days.Yoga nidra, which contains a bodyscan has helped a lot because it evens out my awareness across the whole body and puts me IN my body as I feel I am supposed to be and that seems to balance the energy. Energy follows awareness I suppose. Unfortunately after getting more imbalanced again from a too intensive asana practice during a retreat even yoga nidra sets of my crown. It seems like it still balances my awareness in the body but that since anything that takes me deeper than regular daily conciousness seems to start moving the energy yoga nidra does not balance me out enough in time to pravent the imbalances anymore. It seems to be that way with several practices that used to help me. Before they got me down but now I am so sensitive they activate my energy before they have time to ground it. The only thing that now works is standing like a tree (a qigong pose), pilates and a qigong excersize were I push energy down with my hands.
thumbnail
Wet Paint, modified 14 Years ago at 8/14/09 9:04 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 8/14/09 9:04 AM

RE: Help with grounding

I have always been too much in my head and somewhat disconnected from my body. I think my energy folow my awareness pattern and since I quickly became extreemly energy sensitive after starting with this stuff I quickly got more energy than I could handle in the wrong places.

To me it feels like my center of awareness is at best in my head but to a large extent outside and in front and almost a little above. When I try to feel my belly it is as though I am trying to feel it from this field of awareness high up and down. And actualy even to a large extent from this area and down on the outside of the body and then in. When I do bodyscanning it seems like my awareness spreads more evenly to all my body and that my sense of being outside my head is reduced. I have xperiemented with feeling my body from the inside out and this feels radicaly different and seems to do a lot for blanacing my energy but feels very unfamiliar.Normaly I fell my body mostly from outside the skin into the skin and then further in and partialy from the top down as if the top and the outside is looking into the body. Sometimes I have had the feeling that parts of my body like the belly or the foot is felt from within themselves as themselves and not being observed from above and outside. This feels more correct but scary and very unfamiliar but also very harmonizing for the energy. Lately I have been expereimenting with feeling the skin of my body and when i focus a lot on the physical sensation of the skin I seem to come into my body in a very good way and I notice almost all energetic pulsing stops. The energy just goes away. It is as if I am leaving the energetic body and going into the strictly physical body.
thumbnail
Wet Paint, modified 14 Years ago at 8/14/09 9:04 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 8/14/09 9:04 AM

When I did this today it was as if my awareness started going into my body in a good way and observing the world from the inside out. Especialy the awreness in my head came in from outside the body and landed inside my head and that felt realy great. It also seemd to makes some sort of turn or twist that felt correct and that made my awareness focus from insdie the head and out in a way I normaly do not. Usualy I think there is something about my internal eye that is constantly looking from the outside in and to a large extent up in the head towards the crown. In some absurd way it actualy feels like my awareness then does another turn and looks down again through the body from above. Feeling the skin seemed to uncurl a lot of this twisted awareness. How is one suposed to feel ones body anyway?

It seems to me that my eventual solution will be bodyscanning and aligning the body physicly with pilates and Iyengar which does this very well and combining this with a simple qigong excersize or two that realy, realy roots me down into the ground because I know of no asana that does this in a powerfull way. However I have to be very carefull with the bodyscanning untill I get more balanced and alignement of the body whiel extreemly helpfull takes a lot of time. With pilates I learn to move from by abdomen and this enters my awareness in the abdomen but it takes a huge amount of time to realy get me down there. A fair guess from my experience so far would be 4-5 months of 3 times a week to realy move my awareness down there and have it stay. So what I need is to get balanced enough to do yoga nidra every morning because this works a lot quicker and gets me into fairly deep meditative states while balancing me as long as I am not too imbalanced to start with. Can anyone give me some other tips on grounding and perhaps teach me something more on bodyscanning and on how one is "supposed" to be in and feel the body or at least how you expericen it.
thumbnail
triple think, modified 14 Years ago at 8/20/09 9:03 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 8/20/09 9:03 PM

Relax. Two things. Don't be upset by not being grounded. Examine it carefully and learn from it. To get more grounded at any moment follow the sensation of your breath. Begin at the nose or mouth where the air enters your body. Exhale as fully as possible. Slowly draw in air and note the sensation. Follow the sensation with the incoming air as deeply into your chest cavity as possible, all the way down to your center of mass. When you have drawn in all the air you can exhale it slowly as well. Concentrate on slow deep breathing until you relax and then slowly allow your breath to normalize to a gentle pace that is easy to follow.

This should ground you. If not it would be good to hear a report as to why it is not reducing your axiety and agitation.

be well and at ease
upekkha

Breadcrumb