Staying in A&P til the weekend. Delaying dark night

thumbnail
Dark Night Yogi, modified 14 Years ago at 8/17/09 3:01 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 8/17/09 3:01 PM

Staying in A&P til the weekend. Delaying dark night

Forum: Dharma Overground Discussion Forum

Hi. I recently got first path on aug 3., and was able to relax for a while.
The dharma begun to keep the wheel turning though, and i am in another a & p, with some disillusion version 2. but i want to be able to be productive at work since its a busy week.

Question 1: how should i go about this, should i stop meditating? (i do not wish to bounce around back and forth to and from a & p to equanimity repetitively like the 1st time around.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question 2: Unrelated to the present question also: is the energy and strong difference in experience and control only experienced when first entering new territory for the first time? I.e. How I'm feeling now, and how I felt pre-first path with the A & P, equanimity. I noticed, as I kept falling back and forth, the energy seemed to be more subtle and unnoticeable. (Im not sure if it was just life conditions like what ive been eating or exercise/health that made it less noticeable or if its really that way)
Can meditators call on these states in the future to aid them in their everyday lives? I.e. If one wished to stay in Equanimity, then they keep that energetic strong-control equanimity induced state? Or will the states just fall back, become more subtle and unnoticeable.

------------

Thanks very much!!
thumbnail
Dark Night Yogi, modified 14 Years ago at 8/17/09 4:27 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 8/17/09 4:27 PM

RE: Staying in A&P til the weekend. Delaying dark night

hmmm. or is it also possible to aim to fall back to mind and body so that i am also more down to earth
thumbnail
tarin greco, modified 14 Years ago at 9/3/09 4:56 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/3/09 4:56 AM

hey mindful1983,

how did this issue end up turning out for you?
thumbnail
Dark Night Yogi, modified 14 Years ago at 9/3/09 5:16 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/3/09 5:16 AM

hey greco,

the week went ok! the longest i sat was about 10 minutes on wed/thurs/fri, any more and energy got too strong and i thought i may go too far. i had some kundalini burnout but nothing bad. since i wasnt meditating, my habits and grip on my mind also got sloppy though.

saturday/sun/mon i set myself up to do whole day meditation. i burned myself out on saturday trying too hard did 11 hours. sunday did about 7 hours. both days had barely any energy, compared to wed/thur/fri. at the time, i was feeling like i was wasting my time. lots of pain / blockages that felt to be "inside my skin" like my nerves were on fire. shifted my focus from the breath to the rubbing of my thumb / index finger to remedy it.

tuesday the following week, i finally crossed. i was absent from work due to having the flu, w/c i think helped me! (the flu)
i was able to meditate pretty hard just lying in bed, with that "fever induced thoughts"
wednesday was dark night.
thursday then got 2nd path!

if it happened again, i would probably have went for it on friday, a day before the weekend.
thumbnail
tarin greco, modified 14 Years ago at 9/3/09 12:56 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/3/09 12:56 PM

thats pretty badass. thanks for the report.

Breadcrumb