J Krishnamurti and AF

Martin Potter, modified 13 Years ago at 10/5/10 3:43 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 10/5/10 3:43 PM

J Krishnamurti and AF

Hello,

A month or so ago I spent about half an hour googling K's view on some things like higher self and emotion as I was interested by Richard's claim that AF is different. I don't think K was actually free as i can think of a talk where he looked depressed, and another where he got quite irritated with an audience member saying their question was silly. However, ignoring parts where K speaks of immense energy and presence and such-forth I did find some quite nice actualism-like quotes, and as I happened to look over them today I thought I'd post them.

----------------------

Obviously love is not sentiment. To be sentimental, to be emotional, is not love, because sentimentality and emotion are mere sensations. A religious person who weeps about Jesus or Krishna, about his guru or somebody else, is merely sentimental, emotional. He is indulging in sensation, which is a process of thought, and thought is not love. Thought is the result of sensation, so the person who is sentimental, who is emotional, cannot possibly know love.
- http://www.messagefrommasters.com/Mystic_Musings/Jiddu%20krishnamurthy/jiddu-love.htm

Self-knowing - Without knowing yourself, do what you will, there cannot possibly be the state of meditation. I mean by “self-knowing,” knowing every thought, every mood, every word, every feeling; knowing the activity of your mind—not knowing the Supreme Self, the big Self; there is no such thing; the Higher Self, the Atman, is still within the field of thought
- http://www.slideshare.net/sanath77/self-knowing-jiddu-krishnamurti

20th In the car on the way to 0jai,* again it began, the pressure and the feeling of immense vastness. One was not experiencing this vastness; it was simply there; there was no centre from which or in which the experience was taking place. Everything, the cars, the people, the bill- boards, were startlingly clear and colour was painfully intense.
- http://www.scribd.com/doc/6731209/Diary-of-Krishnamurti

Attention involves seeing and hearing. We hear not only with our ears but also we are sensitive to the tones, the voice, to the implication of words, to hear without interference, to capture instantly the depth of a sound. Sound plays an extraordinary part in our lives: the sound of thunder, a flute playing in the distance, the unheard sound of the universe; the sound of silence, the sound of one's own heart beating; the sound of a bird and the noise of a man walking on the pavement; the waterfall. The universe is filled with sound. This sound has its own silence; all living things are involved in this sound of silence. To be attentive is to hear this silence and move with it.

Seeing is a very complex affair. One sees casually with one's eyes and swiftly passes by, never seeing the details of a leaf, its form and structure, its colours, the variety of greens. To observe a cloud with all the light of the world in it, to follow a stream chattering down the hill
- Source - J Krishnamurti Book "Letters to the School, Vol2" http://www.buddhasangha.com/krishnamurti/jiddu_krishnamurti_attention.htm

Awareness is that state of mind which takes in everything—the crows flying across the sky, the flowers on the trees, the people sitting in front, the colors they are wearing— being extensively aware, which needs watching, observing, taking in the shape of the leaf, the shape of the trunk, the shape of the head of another, what he is doing.
- http://www.buddhasangha.com/jkrishnamurtiquotes/jiddu_krishnamurti_quotes_awareness.htm

From the moment I came out of my front door I had a strange feeling
of lightness, as though I were walking on air. The building opposite, a drab block of flats, had lost
all its ugliness; the very bricks were alive and clear. Every little object which ordinarily I would never
have noticed seemed to have an extraordinary quality of its own, and strangely, everything seemed
to be a part of me. Nothing was separate from me; in fact, the‘me’ as the observer, the perceiver,
was absent, if you know what I mean. There was no ‘me’ separate from that tree, or from that paper
in the gutter, or from the birds that were calling to each other. It was a state of consciousness that
I had never known. ”On the way to the park,” he went on, ”there is a flower shop. I have passed it
hundreds of times, and I used to glance at the flowers as I went by. But on this particular morning
I stopped in front of it. The plate glass window was slightly frosted with the heat and damp from
inside, but this did not prevent me from seeing the many varieties of flowers. As I stood looking at
them, I found myself smiling and laughing with a joy I had never before experienced. Those flowers
were speaking to me, and I was speaking to them; I was among them, and they were part of me. In
saying this, I may give you the impression that I was hysterical, slightly off my head; but it was not
so. I had dressed very carefully, and had been aware of putting on clean things, looking at my watch,
seeing the names of the shops, including that of my tailor, and reading the titles of the books in a
book shop window. Everything was alive, and I loved everything. I was the scent of those flowers,
but there was no ‘me’ to smell the flowers, if you know what I mean. There was no separation
between them and me. That flower shop was fantastically alive with colours, and the beauty of it all
must have been stunning, for time and its measurement had ceased. I must have stood there for
over twenty minutes, but I assure you there was no sense of time. I could hardly tear myself away
from those flowers.
- Commentaries on living 2, chapter 34

To go for a walk in the fields with the cattle and the young
lambs, and in the woods with the song of birds, without a single
thought in your mind, only watching the earth, the trees, the sheep
and hearing the cuckoo calling and the wood pigeons; to walk
without any emotion, any sentiment, to watch the trees and all the
earth
- Krishnamurti to himself, 30th May 1983

To "see" that
mountain peak, so splendid with the evening sun, though one had
seen it a thousand times, with eyes that had no knowledge, was to
see the birth of the new. This is not silly romanticism or
sentimentality with its cruelties and moods, or emotion with its
waves of enthusiasm and depression. It is something so utterly
new, that in this total attention is silence. Out of this emptiness the
new is.
- Krishnamurti's Notebook, p. 87

It is only the still mind that understands that in a quiet
mind there is a movement that is totally different, that is of a
different dimension, of a different quality. That can never be put
into words, because it is indescribable ... Is beauty "out there", or is
it a quality of mind that has no self-centred activity? Because like
joy, the understanding of beauty is essential in meditation. Beauty
is really the total abandonment of the "me", and the eyes that have
abandoned the "me" can see the trees, the beauty of it all, and the
loveliness of the cloud; that happens when there is no centre as the
"me". It happens to each one of us, doesn't it? - when you see a
lovely mountain, when you come upon it suddenly, there it is!
Everything has been pushed aside except the majesty of that hill.
That mountain, that tree, absorbs you completely.
- Awakening of Intelligence, p. 95

----------------------

- Martin
Luciano de Noeme Imoto, modified 13 Years ago at 10/6/10 8:11 AM
Created 13 Years ago at 10/6/10 8:11 AM

RE: J Krishnamurti and AF

Hi Martin,

First, regard about actually free people, any people can claim anything.
Freedom of speech.
Hence, no point to argue about this flogged issue.
We are in the same game, living in the same world, right?
Therefore, we need only to ask three questions: anyone who claim to be actual free or are living in ASC, or are lying or are announcing a fact.
That´s enough.
The crux is peace - not Dharma - overground ;-)

One other word. Because human condition it is your [neurobiological] problem and no one else’s, you are in the best position to find solutions and strategies to freed yourself from this bondage.
A mentor like Richard or someone else can assist, but you are actually in your own hands. Period. And it would be important for you to realize that and take command of your own situation/state/condition/mode.

I don’t recommend that anybody hand themselves over to an "expert", and especially someone who has specific problems that only s/he understand the parameters of.

Maybe my advices are sounding like that JK´s quotes too... emoticon

Orrevuá,
Luciano