AF Babies

Jason Lissel, modified 13 Years ago at 10/10/10 7:59 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 10/10/10 6:37 PM

AF Babies

If two AF people had a baby and this baby turned out to be AF, what would this baby's personality be like as an adult? Would they be a bit like vulcans from Star Trek?
srid, modified 13 Years ago at 10/10/10 7:38 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 10/10/10 7:38 PM

RE: AF Babies

Jason L:
If two AF people had a baby and this baby turned out to be AF, [...]

That's not gonna happen because only genetic characteristics are passed on. The "program" for the identity (fear, aggression, nurture and desire) is obviously still present in the DNA of an actually-free person. Even if the entire population is to become actually free, newcomers will inherit their (albeit rudimentary) identities for a long time to come.
Jason Lissel, modified 13 Years ago at 10/10/10 8:40 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 10/10/10 8:02 PM

Sridhar R:
Jason L:
If two AF people had a baby and this baby turned out to be AF, [...]

That's not gonna happen because only genetic characteristics are passed on. The "program" for the identity (fear, aggression, nurture and desire) is obviously still present in the DNA of an actually-free person. Even if the entire population is to become actually free, newcomers will inherit their (albeit rudimentary) identities for a long time to come.

Perhaps with the extinction of the instinctual passions some genes become silent. It would be interesting to see what happens.
, modified 13 Years ago at 10/10/10 8:24 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 10/10/10 8:24 PM

Ha~ the AF progeny will rebel and eventually found the Self School.

Funny thread title...
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 13 Years ago at 10/11/10 3:12 AM
Created 13 Years ago at 10/11/10 3:12 AM

Or, moving on as we did from Reality to Ultimate Reality, and from Ultimate Reality to Actuality, they would start the Ultimate Actuality school, just to show us old farts how it is done. ;)
Nad A, modified 13 Years ago at 10/11/10 3:47 AM
Created 13 Years ago at 10/11/10 3:47 AM

Jason L:
Perhaps with the extinction of the instinctual passions some genes become silent. It would be interesting to see what happens.

That's not how genes work. Those genes would only disappear by random mutation or deliberate genetic manipulation.
Jason Lissel, modified 13 Years ago at 10/11/10 4:16 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 10/11/10 4:16 PM

Nad A.:
Jason L:

That's not how genes work. Those genes would only disappear by random mutation or deliberate genetic manipulation.

I mean silenced as in turned off, not eliminated. I found something about mother mice being able to turn off genes of their unborn babies by their diet.

Alcohol During Pregnancy Chemically Alters Fetal DNA
Nad A, modified 13 Years ago at 10/11/10 4:37 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 10/11/10 4:37 PM

Jason L:
Nad A.:
Jason L:

I mean silenced as in turned off, not eliminated. I found something about mother mice being able to turn off genes of their unborn babies by their diet.

There's no reason to think that achieving actual freedom is more likely to silence those genes than drinking while pregnant or living next to a nuclear power plant is. In fact there's more chance of getting AF babies from living next to a power plant as we at least know nuclear radiation to be able to alter DNA. emoticon

Even if achieving AF did alter genes, there is then no reason I can think of why it would happen to silence those genes related to instinctual passions. It is equally likely that it would alter the baby's height, isn't it?
Jason Lissel, modified 13 Years ago at 10/11/10 5:04 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 10/11/10 5:04 PM

Nad A.:
Jason L:
Nad A.:
Jason L:

There's no reason to think that achieving actual freedom is more likely to silence those genes than drinking while pregnant or living next to a nuclear power plant is. In fact there's more chance of getting AF babies from living next to a power plant as we at least know nuclear radiation to be able to alter DNA. emoticon

Even if achieving AF did alter genes, there is then no reason I can think of why it would happen to silence those genes related to instinctual passions. It is equally likely that it would alter the baby's height, isn't it?

Who knows? Maybe we'll find out in the future.
thumbnail
Daniel Johnson, modified 13 Years ago at 10/12/10 9:30 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 10/12/10 9:30 PM

Jason L:

Who knows? Maybe we'll find out in the future.

Well, at least we know that it's easy enough to conduct the experiment. C'mon AFers - start makin' babies!

emoticon
mico mico, modified 13 Years ago at 10/13/10 5:11 AM
Created 13 Years ago at 10/13/10 5:11 AM

What reasoning would lead an AF person to making a baby?
Luciano de Noeme Imoto, modified 13 Years ago at 10/14/10 9:51 AM
Created 13 Years ago at 10/14/10 8:46 AM

What reasoning would lead an AF person to making a baby?

Even able to make sex, a hypothetical couple of AF persons cannot reproduce another one like they because that event happened years later after their birth. It´s a new random condition acquired by some blind nature caprice, not an inherited characteristic resulted from a gene-environment interaction [1].

Probably a *real* AF person (i.e. someone that had suffered a brain neurobiological mutation like U.G. Krishnamurti, Bernadette Roberts and Richard) was turn sterile and infertile by this freakish organic evolutive randomic process.

Anandamayi Ma [2] stopped menstruation when she was 21 years old. Osho, JK, Franklin Jones and others never had offspring. So, maybe some types of permanent Altered States of Conscience (ASC) also changes irretrievably the glandular system ...

Only speculations due the lack of more scientifical and comparative evidences regard this subject.

Luciano

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sri_Anandamayi_Ma
Brule K, modified 13 Years ago at 10/14/10 2:33 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 10/14/10 2:33 PM

Hi Nad,

Check out epigenetics. It's the study of how different phenotypes arise without changing genotype. No need for nuclear radiation--it happens all the time, particularly in the development of the embryo, and as a young person. The mother's physiology effects the epigenetics of the child while it is in utero. In some animals, stress has been shown to silence certain genes, or promote others. There has even been some research suggesting that some "learned" traits are heritable. Is Actual Freedom one of these? I sincerely doubt it. If we want to find out, though, it would be nice to first get some sense of what Actual Freedom does to a person's physiology, beyond Richard's amateur, theoretical speculations in neuroscience.

-DK
Luciano de Noeme Imoto, modified 13 Years ago at 10/14/10 2:56 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 10/14/10 2:56 PM

Hi DK,

one more question correlated to the subject:
Do you want to get pregnant again or one child was enough to you?
Don´t need to answer it if this is too much personal.

Luciano
Brule K, modified 13 Years ago at 10/14/10 3:02 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 10/14/10 3:02 PM

Hi Luciano,

Your post and mine must be correlated by some high-dimensional, non-linear function.

So, to answer in kind: Both and neither.

Enjoy,
DK
Luciano de Noeme Imoto, modified 13 Years ago at 10/14/10 3:16 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 10/14/10 3:16 PM

Your post and mine must be correlated by some high-dimensional, non-linear function.

Excuse my bad english. I mean correlated to the subject here: AF Babies. And if you are an AF person, my post was obviously correlated to you because we need to compare notes, you know ...

So, to answer in kind: Both and neither.

Humm... a Zen answer.
But I´m a gentleman emoticon
Hasta la vista,

Luciano