Physical phenomena and practice

Paul Hurley, modified 14 Years ago at 9/11/09 7:41 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/8/09 11:24 PM

Physical phenomena and practice

Forum: Daniel's Practice Hut

Hi. I'm nrew here. I was wondering if someone could comment on the following for me. Kundalini has been running in me for about four years. Meditation is often characterised by powerful 'kryas' accompanied my spontaneous imagery of various kinds and visitation be various archetypal beings that initiate and complete various healings and changes in consciousness. A few months ago I crossed the A&P for the first time. It began with a sudden electification of the body followed by two bumps or inteference patterns on the out breath. For a week following this saw the re-emergance of old issues at a level never experienced before. Extreme anger, uncertainty, fearfulness, high agitation. Meditation became very heavy and difficult for a few sessions but was intrigued by the senstion of expanded consciousness. This then progressed to high velocity vibration felt in the naval area during the day, agitation and 'bumping,' a word I use to describe sudden kryas which crown in my head with lightening speed. Meditation calmed and became more stable once I followed the expanded consciousness. However a series of body changes and temperamental changes have now occurred. I experienced strong upper lip spasming, reisty body odour, stuttereing, loss of coherance of thougths and concentration, loss of motivation at work, inability to think straight or express myself. This was followed by massive disillusion with mankind for being so base, selfhish and brutal and a wondering if there was ever going to be an end to this? Recently the following has happened. Previously high anxitey levels and anxiety attacks which I used suffer from my whole life have vanished. Life long fine tremor in my hands has vanished. Asthma and allergies are gone and so too crippling bronchial spams. Mind has become very calm and quiet. Reactive behaviours have vanished. The lip spasming has ended.

[the below was originally posted as another thread, as opposed to another post, so I've pasted it in below because it continues directly from the above] -DB

High vibration in stomach has ended. Discordant breathing during meditation which emerged after A&P have reduced now to perhaps one per session, which is one hour per day and noting practice for the rest of the day. Recently I have experienced another expansion of consciousness and there after an aching joy, peace and gratitude. The body is now senses as ultra fine vibration continually. The bumping has ended and is now replaced by dizziness with the Kundalini being in my head practicaly all the time. I have noticed that the whole process tends to repeat itself except for the last few days which may be a bit weird, but a female entity enters my body during practice and proceeds to draw up Kundalini along the spine and draw down Kundalini from above my head. Today, I felt a very strange slipping experience in the mind which has altered me in some way I find hard to articulate. I would very much appreciate any insights, explanations. Any form of comedy is also welcome!!! Look forward to hearing....
thumbnail
Eric Alan Hansen, modified 14 Years ago at 9/10/09 5:50 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/10/09 5:50 PM

RE: Physical phenomena and practice

Paul Hurley:
Forum: Daniel's Practice Hut

>Hi. I'm nrew here.

Hi Paul I'm new here too -

>I was wondering if someone could comment on the following for me. Kundalini has been running in me for about four years. >Meditation is often characterised by powerful 'kryas' accompanied my spontaneous imagery of various kinds and visitation be various archetypal beings that initiate and complete various healings and changes in consciousness. A few months ago I crossed the A&P for the first time. It began with a sudden electification of the body followed by two bumps or inteference patterns on the out breath.

I get those bumbs as you call them too. For me they occur - I don't know which breath direction they happened on - when I hit the bottom of the degrees of the most refined state of consciousness, crossing over into sub-consciousness.

>For a week following this saw the re-emergance of old issues at a level never experienced before. Extreme anger, >uncertainty, fearfulness, high agitation. Meditation became very heavy and difficult for a few sessions but was intrigued by >the senstion of expanded consciousness. This then progressed to high velocity vibration felt in the naval area during the day, agitation and 'bumping,' a word I use to describe sudden kryas which crown in my head with lightening speed. Meditation calmed and became more stable once I followed the expanded consciousness. However a series of body changes and temperamental changes have now occurred. I experienced strong upper lip spasming, reisty body odour, stuttereing, loss of coherance of thougths and concentration, loss of motivation at work, inability to think straight or express myself. This was followed by massive disillusion with mankind for being so base, selfhish and brutal and a wondering if there was ever going to be an end to this?

I experience the energy too, but never have I gotten what are called symptoms. I am interested if you care to reply, what exactly you practice schedule looks like and what it consists of, and what kinds of old issues recur, what is the history of these issues? What typically happens for me is tinnituus, running an electrical current, and a neourochemical change which is exquisite, and soothing, serene. Then the energy starts flowing up the brainstem - yes the brainstem is the point at which I become aware of it flowing up into the cerebral hemispheres where it enters a flowing synchronization resulting in the crown chakra opening, with the top of my head feeling like it has been opened up, like a flower, I experience bliss consciousness. I get too blissed out sometimes to function well on mental and or mechanical tasks and short term memory tasks but seem to make up for it in increased empathy and increased socialization skills via making connections with others,

>Recently the following has happened. Previously high anxitey levels and anxiety attacks which I used suffer from my whole >life have vanished. Life long fine tremor in my hands has vanished. Asthma and allergies are gone and so too crippling >bronchial spams. Mind has become very calm and quiet. Reactive behaviours have vanished. The lip spasming has ended.

Most of my long-running psychosomatic illnesses have gone away too. It looks like you have come out of it okay. I'm looking for answers too.

p e a c e

h a n s e n

Maybe someone who has been on this site for a while can help with your inquiry. I have many questions about why some people get more symptoms than others, and why the range of extra experiences like OOB & etc. seems to vary widely
Adam West, modified 14 Years ago at 9/10/09 10:03 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/10/09 10:03 PM

Hi Paul and Eric!

Nice discussion. Eric, my take is you have been witness to the purification and developmental processes of the body-mind-energetic systems; and various astral/psychic phenomena as consciousness opens up. Such transformations and general phenomena is well known and commonly reported in the kundalini yoga, Taoism and many other traditions. I wouldn't ascribe too much importance to it other than it is wonderful to hear your making such great progress, and keep doing what your doing!! Your in for a great ride that will take you through the scenery of infinity - much interesting stuff to come, and not necessarily of this ongoing phenomenological type. All part of the process, and purely of a mechanical nature, not unlike running electricity through a wire and earthing it on a conductor - we get all kinds of interesting sparks. blink: However, that is not it. That which sees the sparks is where it's at.

I too would love to hear about the details of your practice regime!

Thanks for sharing!

In kind regards,

Adam.
Paul Hurley, modified 14 Years ago at 9/11/09 7:10 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/11/09 7:10 AM

Hi Eric and Adam,

Thank you both for your reply. I sit for one hour every day from five thirty to six thirty in the morning and then again maybe for half an hour in the evening if I'm doing a healing meditation for a my wife. I note all day. Kundalini initiates spontaneously when I breath out. It appears to cycle up the chakras to the crown and then back to the heart. I look for the space at the end of the out breath to begin. Once a krya is initiated, I attend to it where it causes spasms to relax and release them. In the head, this involves breathing through the third eye or the crown chakra. I deliberately expand consciousness by imagining infinity to be either side of me or above the head. Images or archetypal characters spontaneously appear sometimes to heal the body and mind. I use the images to open things up more. Recently I've been using the light of the rising sun which is quite beautiful. I feel the K recently at the base of the brain stem too and it's been creeping along the inside of the skull up both sides of the face, temples, etc. I have a question. The body seems to want to go into a total lock. Should I follow this, or continue with relaxation? I too hear the high pitched tinnitus. Also, my voice has dropped a couple of octaves so I can sing like a Tibetan monk!! Bit of a giggle really. Sometimes by body moves spontaneously into yoga poses, when a particularly heavy block needs to be moved. I relax every emotional response I am aware of during my day with my daily interactions. Is that what you mean by regime? I used to use mantra's, found my own far more helpful that the 'om' stuff, but they seem to have dissolved recently too. Hope this helps. Look forward to hearing from you. Oh, and sometimes I shout in my mind into the void, or cry into the void. Very cleansing.

Paul
thumbnail
Dan Bartlett, modified 14 Years ago at 9/11/09 7:45 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/11/09 7:45 AM

Hi Paul. As a quick note, you originally made your post over two threads as opposed to just two consecutive posts. The other thread was called "Continued..." I've ammended the content of that thread on to the end of your post above in this one so it's all in one place.
thumbnail
Mike Monson, modified 14 Years ago at 9/11/09 10:55 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/11/09 10:55 AM

Okay, Paul:
These other entities that visit you during meditation -- is it your impression that they are actual separate "beings" who are actually visiting you from some other place, or do you think they are some kind of projection from within your own mind?

Before these things happened had you read or heard about such experiences?

Do you have some kind of teacher or friend to guide you in all this? It sounds awfully intense to do all alone.
thumbnail
Eric Alan Hansen, modified 14 Years ago at 9/11/09 3:37 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/11/09 3:37 PM

Well it sounds like the worst of it is past. I have a number of "theories" about this in general but no solid advice of any kind except maybe work on that throat singing. You can listen to several wonderful videos on YouTube that might inspire.

The elecrical activity we experience is our becoming sensitive to brainwave activity, which changes radically during the advanced meditative and/or concentrative states. Yes sometimes the body feels like it is going into a total lock, that is probably yet another level statrting to develop, and when you get into it it won't seem like a lock but you'll be able to look back at it and say "oh yeah". The kundalini sickness or kundalini hangover, indicates that the neurochemisty has pumped out naturally occuring entheogenic compounds, these are usually handled by the pineal gland, located in the third eye. They cause the neurons to become extremely active, but there is a reflex response to the system to do the reverse, and this creates the symptoms of depression. Well, that is what depression is, the neurons being too retracted to fire the distance. This is why in treating depression they develop drugs that monkey with the ability of the neurons to fire. The comparison between kundalini and bipolar has been gone over in another link. I have absolutely no idea what causes the system to contract or snap back out of the expanded state in this manner. It could simply be that the pineal only has the ability to synthesize only so much of the entheogens unless we start using them, and it can only the make more. But i really don't know. Maybe the best route is exactly the one you have taken, to weather it through and keep doing what you are doing, until your system evolves into it.
h a n s e n
Paul Hurley, modified 14 Years ago at 9/11/09 6:28 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/11/09 6:28 PM

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your interest and your question. My initial response is to be a bit existential about it. I try not to engage to much in 'asserting' or 'speculating,' because it doesn't help my practice. We might say, the archetypes just arise or appear. I have a journal full of them. It is a rather stunning experience however to be sitting and have a hand reach into your 'space of consciousness' giving one the impression that the hand, which is then followed by an arm and a body, has reached through from another dimension. This generally tends to initiate an electical current through the body. So whether the being simply stimulates the neurons, whether it is a simple causative response, I don't know. However what I do know is that the initial experience is committed spontaneously to memory, both physical and visual. I then call up the presence in another sitting which continues the 'kyra' experiences. Simultaneous to visual imagery, I look for 'space,' relaxation' in the body. What I must pay astute attention to is the difference between me manipulating the imagery or presence, and the spontaneous events the archetype initiates 'on their own accord.' It is quite distinct. For example, years ago a Gandalph the White character appeared and took me to a castle across an ashen land and showed my myself as a wooden king. Naturally I didn't want to be a wooden king, I had different ideas, but the imagery cycled by itself and so I was along for the ride and had to accept the reality of what I was being shown. Years later, the same character, appeared again and touched my throat chakra resulting in a massive explosion of energy. The result of this was the end of fifteen years of crippling bronchail spasms which used stop my breathing. The character appears to be Sri Aurobindo who is fifty years dead but the only 'assertion' evidence I may allude to is that when I came across Sri Aurobindo for the first time on the internet last year without knowing who he was or ever having heard of him, I got a huge fright followed by copious tears. I have no doubt that we all have access to Jung's collective unconscious, a resovoir of ancient human symbolic representation, which serve to move consciousness and create content from form. The body is capable of healing intself, so too it appears is the mind. Transformation for me, occurs when we release thought and belief and idea, which are 'recoil' experiences for me. To practice releasing, allows, it appears, the greater resovoir of consciousness to rise. As a metaphor, we might say, it's like being called home. Hope this helps. Look forward to talking with you further.