Nostrils Flaring and..."sniffing"

T, modified 5 Years ago at 1/15/19 7:17 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 1/15/19 7:17 PM

Nostrils Flaring and..."sniffing"

I've been meditating a minimum of one hour per day for a few months. I have had energy spasms and those seem to be well documented and talked about here and in Daniel Ingram's book (which I've recently read). I would embrace them, ride them out, kind of enjoyu them.. now they are a bit annoying and I'd like to get past them. 

That, I believe, is what led me to this new thing. Maybe...?

I was feeling the muscle action but without as much spasming. Then, where my breath hits my nostrils, they began to sort of spasm. The edges would flare involuntarily with the out breath. Then they would basically quiver like a dog trying to catch a scent. It was very interesting and I observed it for quite some time. Then, when I finished my session, I noticed I could feel them still doing it even while I was not meditating. I just thought about the breath at the nose, and they would quiver around. 

Even as I write this, three or so hours later, I can feel them faintly do it when I think about it. 

Is this worth continuing to focus on or should I somehow redirect?
J C, modified 5 Years ago at 1/16/19 1:16 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 1/16/19 1:16 AM

RE: Nostrils Flaring and..."sniffing"

Tim Hanson:
I've been meditating a minimum of one hour per day for a few months. I have had energy spasms and those seem to be well documented and talked about here and in Daniel Ingram's book (which I've recently read). I would embrace them, ride them out, kind of enjoyu them.. now they are a bit annoying and I'd like to get past them. 

That, I believe, is what led me to this new thing. Maybe...?

I was feeling the muscle action but without as much spasming. Then, where my breath hits my nostrils, they began to sort of spasm. The edges would flare involuntarily with the out breath. Then they would basically quiver like a dog trying to catch a scent. It was very interesting and I observed it for quite some time. Then, when I finished my session, I noticed I could feel them still doing it even while I was not meditating. I just thought about the breath at the nose, and they would quiver around. 

Even as I write this, three or so hours later, I can feel them faintly do it when I think about it. 

Is this worth continuing to focus on or should I somehow redirect?

Whatever you're experiencing THIS MOMENT is worth focusing on, whether it's nostrils quivering, thoughts of nostrils quivering, or anything else.