wetpaint migration

thumbnail
Emory Smith, modified 13 Years ago at 10/25/10 3:15 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/10/09 4:13 AM

wetpaint migration

ok, all dates for imported discussions should now be correct.

authorship should also be correct for users who registered (using the same screenname) on or before 9/9/09.

dont worry if you did not register for the new site in time, as we will be re-running the authorship correction scripts every couple weeks over the next few months. just make sure your screenname matches the one you used on the wetpaint site if you still need to claim authorship for legacy discussion posts.

for users who did register on or before 9/9/09: your old posts should now correctly show you as the author and if so you are welcome to change your screenname if you wish.

please use this thread to report any issues/concerns about discussion migration.

-emory
thumbnail
Dan Bartlett, modified 14 Years ago at 9/10/09 9:50 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/10/09 9:50 AM

RE: wetpaint migration

Great stuff. Congratulations and thanks for all your hard work.

I found out yesterday how easy it was to move threads to the correct forum (I think I still have admin priveledges). I moved one thread from the wetpaint migration 4 forum to the AF forum but then moved it back because I didn't want to confuse people. I messaged Daniel asking him if he wanted me to go ahead and move some more old/current threads to right forums but he was busy chatting with one of you guys and didn't get back to me.

If anyone (in charge) wants me to go ahead and help move threads into their rightful homes I'd be happy to help.
thumbnail
Ian And, modified 14 Years ago at 9/10/09 4:27 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/10/09 4:27 PM

Emory Smith:
please use this thread to report any issues/concerns about discussion migration.

Hi Emory,

Much appreciation for all the work done in the migration.

I have a question, though, regarding the screen name. How come it doesn't show up in the threads? What shows up is our actual name that we put into the registration form and not the screen name. Is there any way that can be fixed? Or was it meant to be from the beginning? Just curious, that's all.

Ian
thumbnail
Emory Smith, modified 14 Years ago at 9/10/09 9:18 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/10/09 9:18 PM

hey ian,

i think thats the way its supposed to work ... if you want your "real name" to be different, i think you would need to change it on the "my account" page.

-emory
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 14 Years ago at 9/19/09 7:38 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/19/09 7:38 PM

I actually really like it that all our names are our real names.

I couldn't help but be annoyed when serious, adult, real-world, high-level dharma discussions in the spirit of real people doing real practice and really helping each other as friends were carried on by semi-anonymous people named "Pookie" and the like.
thumbnail
Mike John D, modified 14 Years ago at 9/26/09 4:23 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/26/09 4:21 PM

I appreciate that aspect of these forums also Daniel. However, I work in law enforcement, and I am always wary of having my sir-name googled by some hombre whom I've rubbed the wrong way. It's been known to happen; sometimes with disastrous consequences.

I hope that patrons in similar situations who choose to use our last initial instead of our full names won't detract from the sincerity of the discussions.
Guillermo Z, modified 14 Years ago at 10/14/09 10:42 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 10/14/09 10:42 AM

Emory Smith:
hey ian,

i think thats the way its supposed to work ... if you want your "real name" to be different, i think you would need to change it on the "my account" page.

-emory

Hi Emory,

thanks for all the hard work during the migration. I really like the look and feel of the new site, but I have a request: could you please change my old post's names to "Guillermo Z"? I feel more comfortable with that instead of my first+last name.

Thanks in advance,

Guillermo

PS: I change my setting, but it looks like it does not change previous posts.
Guillermo Z, modified 14 Years ago at 10/14/09 10:46 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 10/14/09 10:46 AM

Hi,

Please ignore my previous post... I modified the wrong field...

Guillermo
Paul Hurley, modified 14 Years ago at 10/31/09 4:23 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 10/31/09 4:23 PM

Hi Emory,
I have a very simple question: How do I mail someone on the forum? I've searched around the profiles but can't find an email icon. Now that I've mentioned that I notice an envelope icon at the top of this script. Look forward to your reply as I do have a few questions I would like to ask certain members.
Ta
paul