anagarika stay

thumbnail
Steve Katona, modified 5 Years ago at 2/1/19 12:28 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 2/1/19 12:28 PM

anagarika stay

Greetings,

Wondering about long term (as an anagarika, for instance)--three plus or up to six month--residence at a working monastery or retreat center. Forest Refuge in Barre, MA is too pricey but I can afford about $1500 a month. I can do a few hours of light work each day for whatever reason--perhaps to reduce the monthly or daily fee. Abhayagiri is at the top of the list but they don't accept requests for stays until after 4/1/19.

Any tips will be greatly appreciated. much metta
thumbnail
Noah D, modified 5 Years ago at 2/1/19 4:14 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 2/1/19 4:14 PM

RE: anagarika stay

This comes to mind, I don't know anyone who has done it though - https://www.monasticacademy.com/apprentice/
Z , modified 5 Years ago at 2/1/19 6:12 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 2/1/19 6:09 PM

RE: anagarika stay

I recently saw on Facebook that Bhavana Society in West Virginia was in great need of lay help in running day-to-day operations at the monastery. They were looking for people who would be interested in any length of stay, be it a couple weeks or many months. It seems like they have been quite short-handed there for some time. It looks like their website is down at the time of my writing this, but you might be able to reach out to Bhikkhu Jayasāra on someone else in the organization on Facebook. 

Breadcrumb