Help! My friend has cancer.

thumbnail
Jeremy Kranz, modified 5 Years ago at 2/20/19 8:11 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 2/20/19 8:11 AM

Help! My friend has cancer.

Dear all:

A colleague and friend of mine had breast cancer and now has metastasis in her spine.  As a teacher, she has insurance and has traditional medical care.  She eats plenty of organic fruits and vegetables and has some familiarity with alternative medicine.  Are any of you familiar with anything else that should help?  Specifically, do any of you know any psychic healers?   She seems to have a positive attitude and has no intention of giving up.

Jeremy Kranz
Right On Track, modified 5 Years ago at 2/20/19 8:35 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 2/20/19 8:35 AM

RE: Help! My friend has cancer.

Google Bill Bengston.  Anyone who is skilled in his technique may have a chance of achieving the desired outcome.  Let me know how you go.
Edward Prunesquallor, modified 5 Years ago at 2/27/19 11:20 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 2/27/19 11:20 AM

Go to Raypeatforum.com and search for 'cancer', 'Gerson therapy' and Travis's posts on cancer.

Do not take other advice from Ray peat regarding milk. Getting rid of dairy and eating a paleo diet was a change I wish I had made long ago. 

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/chemotherapy-causes-cancer-to-spread-and-makes-it-lethal.18483/

Edward Prunesquallor, modified 5 Years ago at 2/27/19 11:23 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 2/27/19 11:23 AM

"Also good is ceylon cinnamon pieces in the French press. If I had cancer, I would so do this every day. 
I can't remember where I got Pau d'Arco so long ago. I think perhaps I had bought it off of Amazon or got it from the health food store (in the spice jar section.)

Two of the most powerful glyoxylase I inhibitors—lapachone and β-lapachone—are in Pau d'Arco (IC₅₀ ≈ 7·μM). The enzyme glyoxylase I detoxifies methylgloxal from the cell, normally produced from glucose. Inhibiting this enzyme raises methylglyoxal levels, and is probably why a few select polyphenols inhibit cancer (although some like baicalein inhibit lipoxygenase too, and others like curcumin also inhibit cyclooxygenase)

Paul Thornally is like the world's expert on methylglyoxal and has written scores articles on it.
Thornalley, Paul J. "Activity, regulation, copy number and function in the glyoxalase system." Biochemical Society (2014)Wuerzberger, Shelly M. "Induction of apoptosis in MCF-7: WS8 breast cancer cells by β-lapachone." Cancer research (1998)​

A litte‐known fact: methylglyoxal can also be made from excess L-threonine. Taking this with Pau d'Arco, baicalein, and pineapples (for sugar) would seem effective. Selenomethionine also powerfully inhibits cancer by inhibiting polyamine synthesis."
-Travis
Edward Prunesquallor, modified 5 Years ago at 2/27/19 11:45 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 2/27/19 11:32 AM

Gerson did add milk later-on, and so did Herbert Shelton (but not Ehret or Koch).

These people are great, and I think that raw veganism is a good place to start (but even Ehret would admit that cooked leaves aren't really bad).

But then there was the whole Koch and Szent-Györgi discovery of methylglyoxal, so powerful it seemed that it helped give insight into cancer itself—it almost defined cancer, along with polyamines: growth molecules which methylglyoxal actively counters and inhibits.

Ray Peat on Polyamines: Meat physiology, stress, and degenerative physiology - "The polyamines are increased in cancers, and therapies to block their formation are able to stop the growth of various cancers, including prostate, bowel, and breast cancer. Metabolites of the polyamines in the urine appear to be useful as indicators of cancer and other diseases." ―Ray Peat

William Koch on Polyamines and Homocysteine: THE DR. KOCH Concept - "The initiating carcinogen is described by Dr. Koch as quite often a bacterial, nitrogenous product, amines and mercaptans, sulfydryl compounds that are easily dehydrated to form a free radical that adds to one of the atomic groups of the energy producing and energy accepting mechanisms." ―William Koch

Methionine is the only thing that can become a polyamine (through ornithine) and homocysteine (demethylation). This is probably why even less that 1% dietary increase of this amino acids reduces the lifespan of rats between 35- and 40%.⁽¹⁾⁽²⁾

I would take the best of both schools and combine (with Peat-inspired modifications), forming the nonferrous and PUFA-depleted

Ehret–Koch–Szent-Györgi–Peat–Gerson Cancer Diet!

Allowed:
Raw pineapples, apples, pears, lychees, dragonfruit, durian, watermelon (seeded), grapes (seeded), blueberries, papaya, raspberries.

Raw kale, spinach, lettuce, arugula.
Coconut.​

Disallowed:
Everything else.

​Medication:
Transdermal vitamin D₃ (2,000·IU/d) or sun, Pyroxidal, , L-threonine (1·g/d), Scutellaria lateriflora and Pau d'Arco tea all day—every day.​

(1) Orentreich, Norman, et al. "Low methionine ingestion by rats extends life span." The Journal of nutrition 123.2 (1993): 269.(2)

Richie, JOHN P., et al. "Methionine restriction increases blood glutathione and longevity in F344 rats." The FASEB Journal 8.15 (1994): 1302-1307.

- Travis
thumbnail
Stickman2, modified 5 Years ago at 2/27/19 7:44 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 2/27/19 7:14 PM

Jeremy, clean healthy food and a positive attitude are always good.
However be very cautious about putting faith in alternative healing for cancer, and insist on being shown good evidence of efficacy rather than hearsay, professed spiritual virtue or slick sales patter. Don't be too proud to use the orthodox medicine of the medical establishment. There are certainly some crooks/fools in modern medicine but there are a whole lot in the alternative sphere too. There are no end of stories of people trying faith healing and prayer only to end up leaving it till too late.
It may be sobering to read some bad stories about Christian Scientists being failed by faith healing.
I'm a reiki master, treated loads of people, had a nice relaxing time with incense, massage tables etc., never cured a single thing, never saw anything cured, but heard a lot of earnestly parroted hogwash.
I mean all that regarding your friend.

I hope it goes well.
thumbnail
Jeremy Kranz, modified 5 Years ago at 2/28/19 7:47 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 2/28/19 7:47 AM

I was hoping that someone knew a spiritual healer.  Thanks for all the advice.  My friend does eat well, has a positive attitude and follows traditional medicine as well as examines alternative therapies.
thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 5 Years ago at 2/28/19 8:57 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 2/28/19 8:13 AM

Jeremy Kranz:
Dear all:

A colleague and friend of mine had breast cancer and now has metastasis in her spine.  As a teacher, she has insurance and has traditional medical care.  She eats plenty of organic fruits and vegetables and has some familiarity with alternative medicine.  Are any of you familiar with anything else that should help?  Specifically, do any of you know any psychic healers?   She seems to have a positive attitude and has no intention of giving up.

Jeremy Kranz

She could try this form of spiritual healing. It's from my web site and explains how to do it on yourself:  https://sites.google.com/site/chs4o8pt/spiritual_healing

Or, you could learn to do it and give her treatments yourself.

This facebook group would be a good place to ask the same question: https://www.facebook.com/groups/evidenceforafterlife/
(You need to log into facebook and join the group to post a question.)

If I were in that situation in addition to the spiritulal healing, I would focus on visualizing the cells of my immune system destroying the cancer cells.

Spiritual healing is not well understood by the public. Where I was taught we were told it should be used along with conventional medical treatments not as a substitute. And unless you can find a very exceptional spiritual healer with a proven track record of cancer cures (I don't know anyone like that), I would expect spiritual healing treatments to help with discomfort (from the disease and from conventional treatments) and to help with psychological healing (acceptance -  no one lives forever, not even the best spiritual healers). But if she has a strong intention of surviving, then I think she could make best use of that through self treatment.
Edward Prunesquallor, modified 5 Years ago at 2/28/19 9:45 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 2/28/19 9:45 AM

Jeremy Kranz:
I was hoping that someone knew a spiritual healer.  Thanks for all the advice.  My friend does eat well, has a positive attitude and follows traditional medicine as well as examines alternative therapies.

It's not just about eating well. I hope your friend reads what I suggested and follows that specific diet restricting particular amino acids. 
thumbnail
Stickman2, modified 5 Years ago at 3/11/19 1:41 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/11/19 1:41 PM

thumbnail
Superkatze one, modified 5 Years ago at 3/12/19 2:07 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/12/19 1:53 AM

A synergystic anti-cancer nootropic formula would be:
- Curcumin+Bioperin (2x4g/d)
- Quercetin (2x1g/d)
- EGCG (2x1g/d)
- Spirulina (2x10g/d)
- Indol-3-carbinol (?)
- Resveratrol (2x1g/d)
- Sulphuraphan (2x50mg/d)
- Nigella Sativa Oil (30g every other day)

http://ergo-log.com/phytochemical-super-cocktail-tames-cancer-cells.html

also google thymoquinone which is the substance in nigella that cured some types of cancer in mice

and because of this 
"Quercetin activates both estrogen receptor alpha (ERα) and beta (ERβ)[23] with binding IC50 values of 1015 nM and 113 nM, respectively. Hence quercetin is somewhat ERβ selective (9 fold) and is roughly two to three orders of magnitude less potent than the endogenous estrogenic hormone 17β-estradiol.[24][25] In human breast cancer cell lines, quercetin has also been found to act as an agonist of the G protein-coupled estrogen receptor (GPER).[26][27]" 
regarding quercetin she should talk to her doc before taking this one. Also i wouldn't recomment taking the before mentioned threonine, because it promotes division of stem cells.

good luck to your friend! emoticon
thumbnail
Stickman2, modified 5 Years ago at 3/20/19 9:51 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/12/19 5:21 AM

"A synergystic anti-cancer nootropic formula would be:" (list of stuff)

How do you know ? The last line on the linked web page says,

"The researchers want to do experiments to find out if this is the case. On lab animals."

Which means it's unproven in humans.

Elsewhere on the internet it say mice die quicker when flouracacil is combined with spirulina

"In conclusion, the present study describes the lack of antitumor activity of spirulina in EAC tumor-bearing mice model. In addition, spirulina administered simultaneously with fluorouracil did not enhance the antitumor activity of the later but rather resulted in increased dose-dependent mortality. In light of the present results, the mechanism of spirulina-induced mortality is not well understood. Although spirulina has been shown to possess anticancer effects in other models, the present study shows that it might not be a suitable therapeutic alternative for conventional chemotherapeutic agents in all settings such as EAC tumor-bearing mice model. In addition, spirulina might be not very safe, particularly when administered with other drugs such as fluorouracil. Therefore, we recommend that spirulina, or even other natural products, should be used cautiously and that possible interactions with other coadministered drugs should be monitored carefully."

Which again I guess is unproven in humans, but if we're basing our cures on mice only, then I'd have thought it might be a problem.

Well, anyway, I'm not any kind of biologist/physician so I'm backing out of this.***
Interesting web site, though (ergo), I'll be looking at that, thanks.

***except to add this
https://news.yale.edu/2018/07/19/complementary-medicine-cancer-can-decrease-survival

People who received complementary therapy for curable cancers were more likely to refuse at least one component of their conventional cancer treatment, and were more likely to die as a result...
....“The fact that complementary medicine use is associated with higher refusal of proven cancer treatments as well as increased risk of death should give providers and patients pause,” said lead author Skyler Johnson, M.D., chief resident in radiation oncology at Yale School of Medicine. “Unfortunately, there is a great deal of confusion about the role of complementary therapies. Although they may be used to support patients experiencing symptoms from cancer treatment, it looks as though they are either being marketed or understood to be effective cancer treatments.”
Blue Jay, modified 5 Years ago at 3/16/19 5:03 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/16/19 5:03 AM

Dear all:

Jeremy Kranz

There's the Wim Hof Method. Wim Hof, also known as the Ice Man, has around 25 world records dealing with extreme conditions with the help of his breathing method. He has run a marathon in shorts and without shirt on the artic circle, climbed Mount Kilimanjaro with just those pieces of clothing, etc., etc. His method also influences the imune system and he subjected himfelf to scientific research to test his imune system. The results were so extraordinary that the same scientists decided to test other people who had recently learned the method to check if Wim Hof wasn't an anomaly. They also had extraordinary results. Of course, I doubt it can cure cancer, but I'm pretty sure it can help with the whole process of chemotherapy and cancer treatment in many ways, both physical and mental. 

Here's a short documentary about the guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaMjhwFE1Zw

Breadcrumb