Trying to delete my account

deleteaccountplease thereisnofacility, modified 5 Years ago at 3/20/19 8:28 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/1/19 5:56 AM

Trying to delete my account

I guess this is the only way I can delete my account emoticon 
Right On Track, modified 5 Years ago at 3/1/19 6:21 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/1/19 6:21 AM

RE: telepathy!?! *honestly!*

Is there some way to make it fun or profit from it?  I feel like that might take the seriousness out of it, if you know what I mean.
Right On Track, modified 5 Years ago at 3/1/19 6:34 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/1/19 6:34 AM

What sort of troubling voice?  What does it say, if that's not too personal?
deleteaccountplease thereisnofacility, modified 5 Years ago at 3/1/19 6:38 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/1/19 6:38 AM

Well its not one thing you see - it tends to be related to people I know - sometimes I'll feel like I want to cry or that something is wrong with someone, sometimes I know who exactly it is, as I get a sense of them and can act to contact them - other times I just dont know but kinda feel the distress isnt mine. 
Right On Track, modified 5 Years ago at 3/1/19 6:53 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/1/19 6:51 AM

My gut feel is that you have uncovered some sort of painful memory.  What about taking your documented notes to a skilled and experienced  EMDR therapist and get it processed?  Do you know about EMDR?
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 5 Years ago at 3/1/19 6:52 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/1/19 6:52 AM

thumbnail
Stickman2, modified 5 Years ago at 3/1/19 8:31 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/1/19 8:31 AM

Are you stressed and maybe not getting enough sleep ?
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 5 Years ago at 3/1/19 11:26 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/1/19 11:21 AM

There are actually many people hearing voices without being psychotic. I remember a conference presentation about this, but right now I’m unable to recall the name of the researcher.

Since there is no separate and integrated self, it can be other mental processes belonging to ”your” mind - or perhaps belonging to some other mind as I guess we are all connected. Maybe some part of you was aware that you were supposed to be at that place. Maybe you are just more perceptive to the internal chatter than the average individual. And maybe you are also more perceptive to processes going on outside ”your” mind, something that could theoretically be available to all of us of we weren’t so hardcoded to perceive of our minds as separate entities.

If the voices are disturbing your daily life or starts telling you to do things that are harmful, or if you are getting paranoid about them, you need to seek help. Otherwise... I have as an assignment to listen to inner mental talk, so whenever I actually notice something, I celebrate.

I actually have a friend who has been hearing voices like this for many years. He also has very vivid dreams and lucid dreams. I think of it as a talent.
deleteaccountplease thereisnofacility, modified 5 Years ago at 3/2/19 5:04 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/2/19 5:04 AM

Hi there,
The voices are in my head and like faint echoes!  Not like a psychotic delusion outside the head and do correspond with everyday life.

Maybe there is a part of me that has a real knowdlege of everything.  It started on a Goenke retreat where I noticed a voice commenting on things before I became consciously aware of them and actually noticed the voice and then whatever was happening in the environment.  This voice is also observing the environment but it much perceptive and way.  It has continued on.  I also notice when I am on retreat I am execeptional at time keeping, like I dont need a bell.

I agree with you.  I think there is a kind of observer mind that sees and experineces everything and much more fully than I do.  So perhaps my sense of interconnectedness comes when I am connected to this part of myself.  Perhaps this part is the divine part and I am just the person bumbling along and not seeing clearly.
deleteaccountplease thereisnofacility, modified 5 Years ago at 3/2/19 5:08 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/2/19 5:08 AM

Hi right on track,

Yes, I believe my path is also bring up old trauma etc and when Goenka speaks of samskara this is the somatic reliving of the trauma in the body in order to release it.  I think this path is much more taxing for those with a trauma history but I wouldnt be on the path if it werent for my suffering and I wouldnt be working through the trauma if it werent for the path.  If that makes sense.
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 5 Years ago at 3/2/19 5:24 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/2/19 5:24 AM

Cool! Yeah, I think it had to do with being very perceptive.

I think solidifying these comments as one voice that sees everything could possibly lead you astray, though. It might be different mental processes commenting different things. Some of it may be really profound observations, other things possibly just banal or on the same insight level as the rest of ”you” or maybe sometimes less. Being able to access all these different mental processes may give you important insights into the self as a mere construction. Buying into the content, on the other hand, may not be so helpful with regard to awakening, if that is what you are aiming at.
TomB, modified 5 Years ago at 3/2/19 5:50 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/2/19 5:48 AM

Hi, Chris, the link in your note points back to dho. Here's a corrected link:

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/emdr-what-is-it#1

Tom
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 5 Years ago at 3/2/19 8:06 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/2/19 8:06 AM

Thanks for putting up the correct link!
deleteaccountplease thereisnofacility, modified 5 Years ago at 3/2/19 10:44 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/2/19 10:44 AM

Thanks for that really insightful comment and you really spoke to my experience in terms of encapsualting the whole thing.  Thanks!
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 5 Years ago at 3/2/19 12:45 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/2/19 12:45 PM

I’m really happy that I could contribute. :-D
deleteaccountplease thereisnofacility, modified 5 Years ago at 3/2/19 6:19 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/2/19 6:19 PM

Thanks for this, I am aware of EMDR but your link is much appreciated.  emoticon Thank you!

Breadcrumb