Introduction

thumbnail
Andy R, modified 13 Years ago at 11/4/10 1:44 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 11/4/10 1:44 PM

Introduction

Hi,

My name is Andy, and I'd like to introduce myself. I've been reading DHO for a number of months, and it's time I joined in as an active participant

Last year, I had restarted my mindfulness practice after a number of years of ignoring it. I started listening to several mainstream Buddhist podcasts, read a lot of articles on the web, re-read parts and pieces of "A Path With Heart," and was basically getting comfortable with where I was at.

Truth be told, however, my practice wasn't really going anywhere. After some initial success with getting some concentration going, things leveled out, stabilized, and not much more was happening. So after another round of searching, this spring I accidentally found the Buddhist Geeks podcast and somehow managed to happen upon (of all the episodes I could have listened to!) Vince Horn interviewing Daniel Ingram.

Within a week, I had listened to all the interviews with Daniel, downloaded and started on MCTB (ordered a paper copy too). I had found DHO, and was busy reading posts and deeply shaking the roots of what I thought I knew about Buddhism and practice.

Now, it's more than eight months later. My practice has blossomed, and I'm making regular progress. I've had a lot of question over these past few months, but it seems that a lot of people have the same questions, and at highly opportune times too, and so I haven't posted before.

So, this message is as much thanks as it is introduction. I'd like all of you to know that I appreciate your comments and insights. I'm grateful for all the collective wisdom and help. I've gotten a lot out of this site, and out of MCTB.

Thanks,
Andy

Breadcrumb