where am I at?

Ethan Riley, modified 5 Years ago at 3/29/19 10:49 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/29/19 10:49 PM

where am I at?

Hello, I've been working through the mind illuminated and currently am at stage 9, as I was meditating on the mind, I had a feeling that all experiences was empty, after which I had a "shock" and suddenly I thought "the mind is empty" I then concluded that there is no self from that experience. afterwards I felt equanimity, I went outside and everything seemed so vivid so much that it was overloading my senses.
I'm not sure where I am at but I would like to know, what I think I am in is the 3rd nana as I've got a pretty bad headache.
thumbnail
Michael Graham, modified 5 Years ago at 3/30/19 12:05 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/30/19 12:04 AM

RE: where am I at?

I've been working through TMI also. I think my experience is matching his description of stage 4. I feel like I've been hovering around 4 for a while now. I've tried to match what TMI is explaining up with what MCTB says, and I haven't squared that yet.

Do you think you may have attained a path? 
Ethan Riley, modified 5 Years ago at 3/30/19 12:22 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/30/19 12:22 AM

I might have, I've passed a&p as I saw a light, however I've had no dark night experience, unless you count the time before I was meditating where I experienced extreme fear
shargrol, modified 5 Years ago at 3/30/19 5:29 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/30/19 5:29 AM

Ethan Riley:
Hello, I've been working through the mind illuminated and currently am at stage 9, as I was meditating on the mind, I had a feeling that all experiences was empty, after which I had a "shock" and suddenly I thought "the mind is empty" I then concluded that there is no self from that experience. afterwards I felt equanimity, I went outside and everything seemed so vivid so much that it was overloading my senses.
I'm not sure where I am at but I would like to know, what I think I am in is the 3rd nana as I've got a pretty bad headache.

Tells us more about your practice over the last year, we need more context/info to even come close to a diagnosis. emoticon
Ethan Riley, modified 5 Years ago at 3/30/19 7:52 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 3/30/19 7:52 AM

I started meditating about a year ago, I did four months on headspace and then found TMI
which I then started at stage 4, it took me about month to get out of that, then to 5 which took me
3 months then I went on to stage 6 which lasted a month or two, then onto 7 which took me two months 
finally stage 8 took about 1 month where I had incomplete insight into no self