Message Boards Message Boards

Kasinas

Is a retreat fundamental for fire kasina progress?

Toggle
I'm very interested in the fire kasina practice but I wonder if a retreat is fundamental to really get it going. 
It is possible to have good progress if I only practice once a day for 30min?

Right now I'm focusing the morning practice on Jhanas for 40min + 20min of Vipassana, so the fire kasina would be done at night before going to bed.

Thank you!

RE: Is a retreat fundamental for fire kasina progress?
Answer
4/3/19 4:56 AM as a reply to Dhamma_no_drama.
Yes, progress can absolutely be made with low dose, daily FK sits. One of the great things about FK is that you can get excellent effects with very short sits (20-30 mins).

However, you might eventually find you naturally want to spend longer navigating the murk phase and increase your sits to an hour or two. 

Enjoy! 

Answer
4/3/19 2:01 PM as a reply to Anna L.
Thank you Anna!
I will give it a try
;)

Answer
10/19/19 11:49 PM as a reply to Dhamma_no_drama.
Cláudio Cruz:
I'm very interested in the fire kasina practice but I wonder if a retreat is fundamental to really get it going. 
It is possible to have good progress if I only practice once a day for 30min?

Right now I'm focusing the morning practice on Jhanas for 40min + 20min of Vipassana, so the fire kasina would be done at night before going to bed.

Thank you!

Are you doing well mixing practices (vipassana+kasina)? I can only practice kasina at night, would love to add vipassana in the morning.(Sorry for my english)

off:Sorry to ask, what is your native language? Can't find a way to send this question privately lol.

Answer
10/21/19 2:03 AM as a reply to Dhamma_no_drama.
That is like asking if doing exercise two times a week is enough.  It depends, if you want to be pro athlete then no. If you want to be in shape, maybe.

I think yes, it is enough. Altho i would go for at least 1 hour.