Dream like visions

Kalle Spolander, modified 4 Years ago at 5/17/19 5:17 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 5/17/19 5:17 PM

Dream like visions

Hello all knowledgeable people!! This is my first post so apologies if it’s been asked before or if I asked in the wrong place. 

I’m intermittently experiencing weird things while meditating. I’ve meditated daily for about 6 months and I do about an hour a day. Sometimes when I try to concentrate I get weird “visions”. They’re not really visions but they are dreamlike in nature and are incredibly crazy. They are random like a dream but I know I’m not sleeping because I can realize during these “visions” that they’re crazy and return to the breath. At first I thought it was some sort of micro sleep but I’ve experienced the same thing while being fully rested and highly caffeinated. 

What are they? Should I do something to get rid of it or should I just note it like I note everything else?

thumbnail
terry, modified 4 Years ago at 5/22/19 1:36 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 5/22/19 1:36 PM

RE: Dream like visions

Kalle Spolander:

Hello all knowledgeable people!! This is my first post so apologies if it’s been asked before or if I asked in the wrong place. 

I’m intermittently experiencing weird things while meditating. I’ve meditated daily for about 6 months and I do about an hour a day. Sometimes when I try to concentrate I get weird “visions”. They’re not really visions but they are dreamlike in nature and are incredibly crazy. They are random like a dream but I know I’m not sleeping because I can realize during these “visions” that they’re crazy and return to the breath. At first I thought it was some sort of micro sleep but I’ve experienced the same thing while being fully rested and highly caffeinated. 

What are they? Should I do something to get rid of it or should I just note it like I note everything else?

aloha katie, and welcome, though I can't claim to be a knowledgeable person...

visions may be significant, like dreams; or, like dreams, they may be too chaotic and strange to be worth interpreting...

use your own judgment...

terry

Breadcrumb