Dreamlike Visions of Stacks of Cards/Icons

Z , modified 4 Years ago at 6/19/19 12:01 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 6/19/19 11:57 AM

Dreamlike Visions of Stacks of Cards/Icons

I've had a recurring type of vision a few times in the past months, each time during the transition period out of sleep in the morning while lightly meditating. 

There's a sense of being an observer suddenly presented with a seemingly endless stack of square cards with images on them. The cards are displayed in front of the obsever in a way similar to the "Currently Open Apps" feature on an iPhone where you can close open apps by swiping them up.

The cards have been of the following types: 

1) Photographic life-like imagery (A majestic snow-capped mountain in the distance against a sky)
2) Cartoonish representations of human body and body parts 
3) Proto-image/Symbolic Icons 
4) Other bizarrely bright and neon-colored cartoony images of... things 

The cards proceed to swipe or whisk themselves away in a bewildering, rapid-fire fashion of which it is possible to only make out a faint sense of what each one means. A lot of the cards that are near eachother seem to be threaded together in a theme or symbolically related. It is possible to grok from some of these threads that they are related to particular memories ("oh, this is a screensaver from when I was seven years old").

I've tried to stick with the rapidly disappearing cards as long as possible but eventually get bored, there's also a bit of a creepy element that grows during the experience that makes me want to end the whole thing and stop meditating. 
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 4 Years ago at 6/19/19 12:14 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 6/19/19 12:13 PM

RE: Dreamlike Visions of Stacks of Cards/Icons

The cards proceed to swipe or whisk themselves away in a bewildering, rapid-fire fashion of which it is possible to only make out a faint sense of what each one means. A lot of the cards that are near eachother seem to be threaded together in a theme or symbolically related. It is possible to grok from some of these threads that they are related to particular memories ("oh, this is a screensaver from when I was seven years old").

I had similar visions for quite some time years ago. It appeared as if something was rapidly shuffling through a deck of cards, each with an image on the face. This would happen at the same time yours is happening - early morning in between sleeping and being fully awake. This went away after a while. I didn't place any special meaning on it even though the card images were often quite recognizable, though fleeting. They never told a real story or frightened me. It was just a weird thing that I took as mind showing me how fast it could process information and present it. Keep in mind that this is what we meditate for - to find out how mind works. You're getting a ringside seat!

I'd say you can relax and let it do its thing. No harm will come from it.
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 4 Years ago at 6/19/19 4:15 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 6/19/19 4:15 PM

RE: Dreamlike Visions of Stacks of Cards/Icons

I have had a period of something very similar. In my case it was symbolic images, like on tarot cards, sometimes with words, and sacred geometry. The images were shown with great detail but shifted to the next image very rapidly. The most photo realistic images appeared in dreams where I dreamt that I was meditating. Those images were in color. Black and white (or greyscale) images, also with remarkable detail, showed up in meditation and the moment when I woke up from sleep.

Enjoy the esthetic experience!

Breadcrumb