Yet another framework of awakening

Ernest Michael Olmos, modified 4 Years ago at 7/23/19 1:18 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 7/23/19 1:18 PM

Yet another framework of awakening

It's been some time since I started meditating.
I have had a lot of experiences and my life has changed a lot since then.

While I have posted here a lot about it, there's also a lot that I haven't posted.

I'd like to thank Daniel for MCTB and MCTB2 and this site.
Also to everyone in the Dho (specially dreamwalker and shargrol).

I've been facing some problems with communication, dharma diagnosis and progress in the path (most people suffer from them too).

For some time I have had a lot of ideas of how this thing works that do not involve nanas, 3Cs, jhanas, energies, etc.
It's more about how our body (including our brain) works. Also about what is happening in the world.
It includes a lot of information from lots of areas that I know something, but I have no degrees or mastered in any way.

Also it reflects a lot of my choices and decisions and it's consequences.

Sorry to everyone that I hijacked their threads to post my opinion.

So, I'll be posting here about all this.
I'll try to be coherent and logic, but I'll prioritize ideas.
I'll try not to offend anyone but most of this ideas may be against MCTB or even the Dho.
It may also include some ranting (you know, like MCTB emoticon).

At some point, all this may not belong in the Dho and may be moved elsewhere.

About authority, I'm not sure if I'm after 1st path and I don't know a lot about biology.
I'll probably disagree with people that are more advanced in the path or know a lot about other things than me.
Ernest Michael Olmos, modified 4 Years ago at 7/24/19 9:42 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 7/24/19 9:42 AM

RE: Yet another framework of awakening

The goal of this framework is to explain insight progress based on brain processes.

The basic assumptions are:

- Every human being has a similar brain, with well defined areas.

- These areas include specializations (for example, some areas are good for some things and bad for others).

- There are "agents", that is, interconnected parts (that can be in one area or across multiple ones), with inputs and outputs.

- These agents get stronger or weaker based on reward systems.

- There are power plays between agents.

- Some agents have a lot more malleability than others.

- Some agents are fully conscious, some fully unconscious and some are in the middle near one of the sides.

- All the agents, areas in the brain and reward systems are designed, by default, with one goal: survival.

- Agents tend to optimize and simplify processes, moving them to different areas that are more efficient to save energy (survival).

Automatic bodily processes

Based on this, my take is that (this may change):

- Duality is a process created by an agent (or many) at the same level that pulse/heartbeat or salivation.

- Unlike pulse/heartbeat or salivation, the output of that agent are another agents in the limbic or prefrontal cortex.

- The reward system is that, as it simplifies things, the brain uses less energy, aiding in survival (you know, not starving to death).

- Meditation, noting, 3Cs, etc, work by attacking the overall reward system (being really quiet reduces overall energy consumption). I'm not sure about this.

- Meditation also attacks the indirect reward system, that simplifying by the original agent things is useful (because it reduces energy consumption), based on all the work the limbic or prefrontal cortex agents have to do to "integrate" the simplification as inputs.

- Meditation leads to a system that is more efficient, supressing a simplification that reduces energy consumption and work (the pulse/heartbeat or salivation agent) but causes a lot of work (and energy consumption) in other areas and agents (limbic and prefrontal). My take is that the work of the limbic and prefrontal is orders of magnitude of the other.

- Meditation attacks the overwork of the limbic and prefrontal (as a reward system), but this is caused because their input is wrong in the first place, so the attack on the original agent is indirect.

- There are many agents that are "disrupted" by this "attack" (memory, motor, etc).

- The disruption, and the limbic and prefrontal trying to solve something that they can't solve causes the nanas (still not sure about AP).

- Like salivation and pulse/heartbeat, the simplification of the original agent (or agents) is constant and unconsious.

- Agents have inputs and outputs and connections. There must be alignment between what an agent expects as input and what it gets. When an agent gets an unexpected output from another agent as an input, a "WTF" moment occurs and the agent realigns itself the the new input (radically changing itself).

Breadcrumb