Message Boards Message Boards

Books and Websites

Daniel's book and the lack of people who are reading it

Toggle
When I first encountered this forum, there was a plethora of people who had read the meditation instructions in MCTB and we're following through with real results.
Now the forum is somewhat of a half homeless shelter half online marketplace with various people peddling their half-baked ideas. Where is the drive? Where is the enthusiasm?
I am not calling out any one in particular and yet I would love to get back on the pony.
Please let's all put our metaphorical heads together and get some stuff cooking.
This is not what I anticipated would happen to Dharma overground.org.
I am posting this rather than go to bed early and dream of using cocaine, something I have never done while awake. Proceed.

RE: Daniel's book and the lack of people who are reading it
Answer
7/31/19 7:53 PM as a reply to Sleeping Buddha Syndrome.
I read MCTB AND MCTB2, which in and of itself is a Herculean feat, second only to enlightenment.
I do mahasi noting.
Practise 4-6 hours a day.
And now you’re stuck with me.
Hi.

Answer
7/31/19 9:21 PM as a reply to Sleeping Buddha Syndrome.
I read MCTB and regularly skim through MCTB2. Highly recommended for those lurking here that have not read it. This and `Practical Insight Meditation` by Mahasi Sayadaw.

Answer
8/1/19 4:23 AM as a reply to Sleeping Buddha Syndrome.
Dear SBS,

Thanks for your input.

As you point out, the DhO has gone in phases, some more productive, some less, some more full of those peddling wares, some less. Sometimes there is a lot of action, sometimes a lot of drama, sometimes a lot of practice reports, sometimes a lot of useless noise.

What is on your mind, specifically? What are your own needs? How can something useful arise from them? That's closer to where the rubber meets the road and traction occurs.