RE: Impaled

Anicca Dukkha Anatta, modified 4 Years ago at 9/2/19 9:25 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 9/2/19 9:25 PM

I'm a Vipassana Meditator. I saw visions of being impaled, crushed, broken, slit, beheaded and so on (killed or not in so many different and even creative ways - once a Hindu Diety killed me who I thought was going to protect me) 100s of times regularly for few months. It was tens of succh experiences every 50-60 minutes sit. Then they were gone. I believe it was during the time when I was going thru Dukkha nanas. After getting a little stable in Equanimity I do not see those images any longer, not ever .  Those images were accompanied with lot of visceral pain, sadness, desperation, anger, disgust etc. . I still experience sadness, anger, annoyance sometimes ( a little) but that kind of despair and visceral pain not any longer.

I do not know what it means for Jhana meditator but all I can say is these are Imparmanent.

Metta,
Anicca
thumbnail
Bardo, modified 4 Years ago at 10/8/19 11:43 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 10/8/19 11:43 PM

Hi. Sometimes dukkha arrives with its difficult feelings, they can be very dense and heavy like trying to wade through treacle. Sometimes dukkha comes with a strong visual element like how you describe. 

I'm hesitant to add any more as it seems you've got a healthy interpretation that being they are impermanant. 
Anicca Dukkha Anatta, modified 4 Years ago at 10/10/19 2:19 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 10/10/19 2:19 AM

Thanks for your kind words Bardo, even though I still cycle thru Dukkha sometimes, these kind of images are gone.
This thread was in reply to someone seeing images of getting impaled, they deleted their userid I guess.

Metta,
Anicca