How long do people take to become AF?

thumbnail
adam ,, modified 13 Years ago at 2/25/11 9:14 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 2/25/11 9:14 PM

How long do people take to become AF?

Heh... sorta funny that I've switched my life's focus to AF about 4 hours ago and now I'm already wondering when my path will be complete, but anyway. People take forever to get to arahant... lame. what abouts AF? how long did people like Tarin/Trent take? from starting to focus on it to getting it?
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 13 Years ago at 2/26/11 5:29 AM
Created 13 Years ago at 2/26/11 5:29 AM

RE: How long do people take to become AF?

I believe that it took Peter and Venito (some people who hung out with Richard the AF guy) about 10 years.

I believe that Tarin did some AF practice about 5 years ago but didn't get far with it, then took it up again after arahatship or whatever he got to and it took him 10 months. Trent ditto: 10 months.

I have been playing with it for a year even and feel close and have a pretty good VF going with very frequent PCE like experiences, but who knows how long the rest will take.

I believe that Steph Dunning got it a few weeks after Stream Entry, so it can be really fast. Trent was talking about someone who he knew maybe doing it in 2 weeks total straight off the line.

Thus, timing varies widely.

More importantly, the atemporality of the thing is a key point of the practice in some ways: that this is what is happening, that it is found here somehow, in this infinitude, and thus, when practicing and thinking of it as in some future, realize how you are experiencing those thoughts of future now in this continuously changing, aperceptive field of stuff happening on its own, as this universe experiencing itself now. Identify the emotional thing behind that question of how long it takes: expectation? doubt? fear? jealousy? self-nurturing? something else? Find that and sincerely work to resolve the tension in that such that this moment itself is seen as perfect in its own direct sensual aspects now.

Daniel
thumbnail
adam ,, modified 13 Years ago at 2/26/11 8:46 AM
Created 13 Years ago at 2/26/11 8:46 AM

thanks, for information and advice, it was actually not really caused by emotion, in fact it was a practical consideration related to when I go to college lol

sounds like everyone got this after some path attainment at least, is it useless to try pre-path?
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 13 Years ago at 2/26/11 2:27 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 2/26/11 2:27 PM

No, not everyone got it post-path.

Peter and Venito: no path attainment that I know of.

Trent's friend: no path attainment I know of.

Christian: I don't know if he had path before he got it.

There is still debate about whether or not path helps or speeds things up, and the numbers we know of are so small at this point as to make accurate comparison difficult.

Further, as regards college, what is your concern? This is an open-eyed, real-world sort of practice.

Daniel
thumbnail
adam ,, modified 13 Years ago at 2/26/11 2:29 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 2/26/11 2:29 PM

thanks, but I'm not worried anymore, now that I've been in PCE for sure.