melozone's practice log

G Z, modified 4 Years ago at 11/14/19 5:07 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 9/26/19 5:56 PM

melozone's practice log

After spending some time lurking and feeling inspired by the community of meditators here, I decided I should start a practice log after some pretty intense meditation experiences this week. This is a bold move for me, but I think I can do it!
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 4 Years ago at 10/8/19 10:45 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 10/8/19 10:45 AM

RE: melozone's practice log

Hi and welcome! Great that you have started a practice log! I remember feeling like that was a huge task, too, but it quickly became part of my routine (and I’m usually really bad at developing routines) because I found that it was a valuable tool for several purposes: processing what had happened in the practice, keeping a record (great for instance when I imagine that it was so much easier before when the truth is that I have actually improved my own standards) and receiving valuable feedback. I hope you will like it here on the forum. I relate so much to the experience of ”being meditated”. Isn’t that like the coolest thing ever? I’m having on of those periods again right now. I have come to see it in a somewhat new way as I have started to disentangle some things that I thought I already knew but now know that I didn’t really understand the implications of (and probably still don’t). As a result, that experience has been partly demystified. At the same time, a new layer of mystery has been added, or at least a great deal of absurdity. This is such a fascinating journey. Enjoy!
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 4 Years ago at 10/9/19 1:07 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 10/9/19 1:07 AM

melozone:
Thank you so much for the welcome! Thanks also for sharing your experiences. I admire the richness of detail in your log; it really makes your experiences come alive.

Oh, thankyou, and right back at you!
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 4 Years ago at 10/12/19 12:22 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 10/12/19 12:19 AM

Cool! Sounds like progress. Based on your description, I would guess that you entered second jhana and touched on the third.

There is a more recent recording from Michael Taft available now as well. I don’t know if there is a name to it yet. He usually names them somewhat later because they are posted as livestreams. I think I prefer this later recording, because it helped me to stay aware of the world while dropping into direct awareness and I like that experience.

Breadcrumb