RE: Overdoing it in Equanimity

thumbnail
Bagpuss The Gnome, modified 4 Years ago at 9/29/19 1:36 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 9/29/19 1:36 PM

RE: Overdoing it in Equanimity

Hi all, thank you for the replies. DhO is VERY inaccessible and it is really difficult for me to post here so do forgive the late reply. I’ll try to answer a few points here: Agnostic: Pleasure drops away in the 4th vipassana jhana which is what I’m describing here. When i say a brief flash of pleasure I just mean that I’m skipping over 2nd/3rd fairly fast or just catching the tail end of 3rd perhaps before sinking into 4th / EQInteresting what you say about your headaches. Mine show no sign of abating but I hope they go like yours at some point! emoticonJason Massy: Unless your fridn only just went blind they probably know how to have their phone read kindle books to them already. That’s how I do it. I don’t seem to be able to put less effort in, it’s kind of automatic… but I do get what you mean and “allowing the process to happen” has helpd  a bit. Sponk: I have  heriditory condition called retinitis pigmentosa. It’s not come as a surprise to me. Just came a bit suddenly the last couple of years.