Vimuttimagga or visuddhimagga

Matthew Jon Rousseau, modified 4 Years ago at 11/8/19 8:06 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 11/8/19 8:06 PM

Vimuttimagga or visuddhimagga

can anybody  here(especially someone advanced)  give me their opinion on which of these  2  are more accurate  to their  experiences. Is one of these "more to the poin"..  or gives clearer  directions
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 4 Years ago at 11/9/19 12:25 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 11/9/19 12:25 AM

RE: Vimuttimagga or visuddhimagga

Not exactly what you were asking for, hehe, but I very recently had a dream in which I said a spell about opening up to the Vimuttimagga, and then a force strook me and filled my heart and made my body shake fiercely with piti, so I'm going with that one apparently. I haven't read any of them yet but now I will. I must see what I signed up for and I trust my intuition.
Matthew Jon Rousseau, modified 4 Years ago at 11/9/19 7:46 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 11/9/19 7:46 AM

RE: Vimuttimagga or visuddhimagga

Thanks Linda  . The vimuttimagga  is hard to find. And an English  translation  might run you a few hundred bucks. But I heard itsmor accurate than the visuddhimagga 
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 4 Years ago at 11/9/19 12:38 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 11/9/19 12:38 PM

RE: Vimuttimagga or visuddhimagga (Answer)

The Vimuttimagga is available for free download and definitely preferable to the Visuddhimagga for most practical things. However, if you want more detailed theory and don't mind how ponderous it is, then the Visuddhimagga is your best best, also available for free download.

Both can be found here. 

Breadcrumb