Ami practice log

Andrius Mikalauskas, modified 4 Years ago at 12/3/19 4:08 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 12/3/19 3:02 PM

Ami practice log

Hello, i am gona post weekly updates about my practice in my own words, i am not that familliar with maps here, hope it will benefit people and myself too emoticon.

20 minute sit. Once i close my eyes, i can feel a lot of sensations in body, like a tiny spiders under skin. Those sensations appear and disapear on their own, like doing it's own thing. So mostly i am siting like that/resting attentivelly. Then i usually notice more and more sensations/feelings pop up which have more energy/intese sense of self and they easily grabs my attention and disrupt practice. So I investigate them. It is a complex thing. Like from a space emerges expanding field, and behind it there are my uninteded intetions, agitations, restlesness. So what i do is try to see through it and relax, there is nothing i can do anyway. And once i manage to relax into this whole sensate field it become a bit less sensational and more luminous.

My attention sometimes on it's own focuses on a point above eyes or behind nose and it can sit there like forever. And there is nothing happening basically, very slowly that attention disipates.
thumbnail
Not two, not one, modified 4 Years ago at 12/6/19 4:29 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 12/6/19 4:29 AM

RE: Ami practice log

Sounds like a good start.  I look forward to your next update.

Malcolm
Andrius Mikalauskas, modified 4 Years ago at 12/10/19 7:01 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 12/10/19 6:40 PM

RE: Ami practice log

My practice is more or less the same, more and more sensations in whole sensate field. Thoughts, visual objects are sensations too. Even the judgemental voice in my head. I sometimes investigate things by gently puting attention, but now this whole process is just too stresfull. The idea to investigate comes out of restlesness. So i decided to drop that and just stay with the field itself. This background has a lot of agitation, restlesness, sometimes thoughts pop up too, but then i see them as riples in space. This relaxing makes field more luminous.

Breadcrumb