What are the best nootropics for meditation?

Dave Mustaine, modified 4 Years ago at 1/18/20 3:46 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 1/18/20 3:46 PM

What are the best nootropics for meditation?

Hi,

I've read about L-theanine and how this nootropic is very effective to calm the mind and help with concentration. Apparentely you can mix it with caffeine, and then you have a very powerful tool in your hands.

However, I would like to know if there are other alternatives out there to improve my meditation concentration.

Thanks in advance.
Jason Massie, modified 4 Years ago at 1/18/20 10:02 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 1/18/20 10:02 PM

RE: What are the best nootropics for meditation?

Nature already mixes it with caffeine in Green Tea. It is effective for helping you meditate if you dont over do it.

https://youtu.be/LqVkiDN79AE

I would be wary of supplements. So much bad conduct in that industry. Even from GNC, they might not contain what is on the label.

Even better than drugs and supplements is diet. The arteries in brain are the first ones affected by cardiovascular disease as they are very narrow so eat heart healthy. Depression and anxiety are linked to chronic inflammation so an anti inflammatory diet is also good. 

That said, I tried some classical nootropics early on and didn't notice any difference even on retreat. 

Another observation is that meditation has had nootropic effects on me. I am some times astonished when I remember a number from the shortest glance even when I am not trying to.
thumbnail
Andrew Daniel, modified 4 Years ago at 1/19/20 5:35 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 1/19/20 5:35 AM

Green tea will be good for that as stated above. Matcha as well.

If you want a supplement, I've used "Tao in a Bottle" from Dragon Herbs, and can attest to its high quality and natural ingredients.
thumbnail
Simon T, modified 4 Years ago at 1/21/20 10:18 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 1/21/20 10:18 AM

Tolerance to L-Theanine develop really fast and it had the tendency to give me stomach cramp but I was using pretty large dose. The main interest is to improve sleep so perhaps the best application is to get an occasionnal night of good rest.

Breadcrumb