Saving drafts of posts

thumbnail
Chris G, modified 14 Years ago at 10/18/09 1:42 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 10/18/09 1:42 PM

Saving drafts of posts

Hi,

I just lost a long-ish post I was writing because I accidentally closed the tab I was writing in (ctrl-w instead of ctrl-x ... argh). Any possiblity of setting up some kind of autosave feature for posts as they're being written? I've seen one or more people mention losing their posts prior to me as well. I'll compose my posts in a separate text editor now, but it's not likely everyone is going to start doing that.

Cheers,
Chris
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 14 Years ago at 10/19/09 4:30 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 10/19/09 4:30 AM

RE: Saving drafts of posts

That would require programming, and currently programming costs most of the time. I am personally bankrolling the PM portlet project, and next will be some other goodies if I can afford them, but they costs add up quickly, so unless someone wants to start programming for free, that may have to wait, though it is a good idea. Any volunteers?
thumbnail
Tom O, modified 14 Years ago at 10/21/09 10:41 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 10/21/09 10:41 AM

RE: Saving drafts of posts

I think it is pretty common practice in forums, if you are doing a long-ish post, to do it outside of the environment and then paste it in when you are done. I know that is kind of goofy, but "save a draft" functionality would require non-trivial work if it is not supported from the get-go.

Breadcrumb