RE: Any flexible retreat centers in the US/Midwest?

Rob K, modified 4 Years ago at 2/26/20 11:25 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 2/26/20 11:25 AM

Any flexible retreat centers in the US/Midwest?

Hi all! So I have a schedule that allows me a week or so off every six weeks, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any centers in the US (especially in the Midwest - I am in Michigan) that allow one to drop in for a week or two. By that I mean not scheduled retreats but that I contact them in advance for a given period. My time off is predetermined (in medical school) and I haven't been able to find any scheduled retreats that line up with my time off. I've been to centers in Asia that are flexible like this, but due to time and money constraints would like to stay within US.

Ideally it would be a place that practices some variant of anapanasati or doesn't mind if I do. I've been finding success with TMI lately, and don't really want to deviate from that but also don't want to disrespect any centers that only want you doing their technique or whatever. Otherwise I have no preferences on food/daily schedule/etc.

Budget is pretty limited and would prefer a dana based place but I've got strong motivation to practice so I won't be heartbroken if I gotta throw something on the credit card if it's not too expensive.

Thanks!
shargrol, modified 4 Years ago at 2/26/20 5:57 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 2/26/20 5:57 PM

RE: Any flexible retreat centers in the US/Midwest? (Answer)

If you are a self sufficent retreater, then you could try here:  https://www.liberationpark.org/

Rob K, modified 4 Years ago at 2/28/20 9:20 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 2/28/20 9:20 PM

Wonderful! That's exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for, thanks so much.
shargrol, modified 4 Years ago at 3/2/20 5:35 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 3/2/20 5:35 AM

Welcome... and best wishes for your retreat! emoticon

Breadcrumb