tarin's practice notes

thumbnail
tarin greco, modified 12 Years ago at 6/16/11 8:24 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 6/16/11 7:08 AM

tarin's practice notes

the stillness is palpable. there are bird calls, and bird calls ringing slightly off plaster walls; quiet morning hues through the trees and window. the ease of lying supine gives way to a stretch in my shoulder and neck as i turn to rise. i sit, and stand, becoming aware of muscles and sinews tugging together like so many taut rubber bands.

stepping towards the doorway, the room dims and brightens - it's the shifts of objects' shadows and the refraction of light from many surfaces. the cool lacquered wooden floor is alternately soft and hard under my bare soles and the resonant jangle of a metal doorknob reminds me of the walls. i note the temperature drop gently - my skin tightens - as i move into the hall. the air sounds deeper in the larger room. another several steps and and the toilet looms into view. a few bodily motions conclude my business there, a rumbling flush briefly fills the space and i turn to the sink. reach for the gleaming faucet, a twist and it fizzes frothing cold water. i turn the tap off and dry my hands on my face while the drain echoes.
thumbnail
Bruno Loff, modified 12 Years ago at 6/16/11 7:39 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 6/16/11 7:39 AM

RE: tarin's practice thread

Ha ha --- You basically wrote "I woke up and went to the toilet" as an actually free person emoticon We didn't even get to the part where you got coffee (that's when my morning usually starts), and it's already so much fun...

Do you have any perception-changing goal?
thumbnail
Steph S, modified 12 Years ago at 6/16/11 12:43 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 6/16/11 12:42 PM

RE: tarin's practice thread

Bruno Loff:
We didn't even get to the part where you got coffee (that's when my morning usually starts), and it's already so much fun...

i look at my coffee cup and notice its red sheen and reflection of a cd case and a pen. as i pick up the cup the warmth and a bit of moisture seep through to my hands. taking a sip, my lips tingle and i taste rich layers of soy milk and roasted nutty coffee, with a slight dark choclate flavor. the liquid swirls as i swallow, warming down my throat and radiating outwards so in a few moments my whole body feels pleasantly warm. i hear the delicate, rhythmic click clack of keyboards from across the room. glancing over, a tree in the corner by the office door catches my eye, halogen light illuminating the deep green fronds.
thumbnail
Tommy M, modified 12 Years ago at 6/18/11 6:45 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 6/18/11 6:44 PM

RE: tarin's practice notes

I can no has affect naow? emoticon