During which path did the Buddha's teaching make most sense

A Dietrich Ringle, modified 4 Years ago at 3/23/20 8:34 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 3/23/20 8:34 PM

During which path did the Buddha's teaching make most sense

A survey.

Probably 1st path. A big giveaway is that I recognized that the formless realms don't have the same ring as the lower form realms. I said "ah this must be boundless space because I hear the Buddha's teachings have fallen away!" Yet there was clinging so that was the highest jhana I attained that day,

This might be related to my medically diagnosed catatonia.
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 4 Years ago at 3/24/20 11:07 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 3/24/20 11:07 AM

RE: During which path did the Buddha's teaching make most sense

There are those who might reach higher jhanas before hearing the Buddha's teaching. There is a line that has to be drawn between filling them in and letting them figure it (first path) out.

In the second case, I think if they can make it though first path without assistance, they may be better suited to ramp up later paths.

One of the reasons I posted this was to see whether some who were already clued in to the Buddha's teaching during first path, found even more clarity post review. This would cast doubt or maybe a shadow over my above thinking.
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 3 Years ago at 4/1/20 8:49 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/1/20 8:49 PM

RE: During which path did the Buddha's teaching make most sense

Ok. So first path really rocks. And what I know is that I won't allow myself to go to sleep at night without remastering all of what it teaches in a new and exciting way!

#ithastobenew

Breadcrumb