Discord.gg Group

thumbnail
Buddhamma, modified 3 Years ago at 3/24/20 3:59 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 3/24/20 3:59 AM

Discord.gg Group

Hi All,

I was wondering if there was any interest in a discord server of the Dharma Overground. I've been using it lately and it's left a good impression. We could have separate channels for practice logs and stuff like this. It's easier to just talk instead of having to make a thread. Sometimes I want to discuss something but feel that it is not special enough to start a thread about. I believe Sam Harris his app has one and streamentry from reddit also. Why not us?!

Love to hear what you think
thumbnail
Noah D, modified 3 Years ago at 3/24/20 5:00 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 3/24/20 5:00 PM

RE: Discord.gg Group

The reddit SE one is pretty inactive.  There are a variety of dharma practice oriented discords that folks have attempted to start over the past couple years & have then become inactive or deleted.  There have been a couple attempts or discussions about either upgrading the DhO forum software or switching to a different software or whatever, over the years also.  None have occured.  My advice would be to surrender to the limitations of DhO liferay as the imperfect beauty of what is on offer, while also uncovering the many great virtual sangha resources that exist in addition to the DhO now, rather than trying to start something net new.
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 3 Years ago at 3/25/20 6:52 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 3/25/20 6:52 AM

My advice would be to surrender to the limitations of DhO liferay as the imperfect beauty of what is on offer, while also uncovering the many great virtual sangha resources that exist in addition to the DhO now, rather than trying to start something net new.

I was going to post something similar but Noah beat me to it. I agree with him. There is little reason to start over. The DhO does have a deep, rich history.
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 3 Years ago at 3/26/20 3:33 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 3/26/20 3:33 PM

Chris Marti:
My advice would be to surrender to the limitations of DhO liferay as the imperfect beauty of what is on offer, while also uncovering the many great virtual sangha resources that exist in addition to the DhO now, rather than trying to start something net new.

I was going to post something similar but Noah beat me to it. I agree with him. There is little reason to start over. The DhO does have a deep, rich history.

Indeed emoticon a 2500 years, deep, rich history and still counting emoticon 
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 3 Years ago at 3/26/20 3:56 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 3/26/20 3:56 PM

Yes, the DhO was started on stone tablets.
thumbnail
Dustin, modified 3 Years ago at 3/26/20 10:32 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 3/26/20 10:32 PM

Chris Marti:
Yes, the DhO was started on stone tablets.

The Buddha started Dho while meditating under an oak tree I believe. Or was it pecan?
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 3 Years ago at 3/27/20 6:45 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 3/27/20 6:44 AM

My DhO Buddha sat under a prickly pear cactus - or was it peyote?

Breadcrumb