Pau Auk Sayadaw Meditation texts - Burmese EvenHarderCore Style

thumbnail
triple think, modified 12 Years ago at 6/19/11 5:05 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 6/19/11 5:05 PM

Pau Auk Sayadaw Meditation texts - Burmese EvenHarderCore Style

There are some very detailed meditation instructions by Pau Auk Sayadaw available in PDF form here:

http://www.visuddha-m-c.com/vmc%20sg/ebooks.html

A couple on Concentration practice that I found interesting were:

Mindfulness of Breathing.pdf
Ten Kasinas & Others.pdf

A couple on Insight practice that I found interesting were:

Knowing and Seeing.pdf
The Practice which leads to Nibbana.pdf

These meditation instructions often involve very Abhidhamma, Vism. and commentary related descriptions involving a lot of pali terminology which may be overly complex and difficult to follow for some people. So for people more familiar with the Tipitaka and the commentaries or for people who are very interested in Maps and Models these will probably be more interesting. There are some reasonably good pali dictionaries online that will be helpful for those less well acquainted with the pali terms.

I don't typically practice in these kinds of very detailed and methodical ways however I have encountered most of these same kinds of perceptions and insights many times in the course of my meditation practice and it is often useful to be able to place these within the overall process. There are some useful descriptions of various kinds of perceptions and discernments in these teachings and of beneficial ways to follow up on these same perceptions and discernments and that may be variously helpful for some people.

upekkha

Breadcrumb