Fruition or A&P in Lucid Dream

James P, modified 12 Years ago at 6/21/11 11:23 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 6/21/11 11:23 PM

Fruition or A&P in Lucid Dream

I am pretty confident that this was a fruition, it's a very literal lucid dream I had, I was thinking about it today and the lucidity and the whole experience is an uncanny fruition through the no self door. Here goes:

My grandparents died years ago, I remember their house, though, I guess it stuck with me. Their house, which was a one story, but had a pretty cool laundry shoot and layout. When I was younger I had dreams about being in their house and finding secret passages or rooms, extensions,etc. I found out years later that secret passages and rooms are indicative of hidden areas of the mind, when presented in dreams. The house began to represent my mind and I realized that years ago, so when I had dreams I knew I was looking at a part of my mind I was "getting access to" or realizing was part of my mind. Anyhow.

Not too too long ago, I had what I think is a fruition, it is at least and A&P experience. I remember the dream was very short. First off however, you must understand that their main house was designed around an "L" shaped hall, their front door would be where the top tip of the "L" would be, but a bit to the side, the hall ran down the length of a few rooms, then turned 90 degrees to the more hall, then the side door, which was down a small flight of stairs which further lead to the basement. Anyhow. all was the same in this house in my dream except the location of the front door, which was located at the very top tip of the "L".

I remember the dream because it just started and I was completely lucid. I recall for years having dreams of their place, but now I felt their love and energy there, it was them, but not, it was a very full and warm feeling, I was completely content, very tranquil, except, I wasn't in my body, in fact, I did not exist in bodily form, I was just my perspective that is all, like a camera with no physical house. My vantage started at the lower part of the "L" and I kinda got a gauge of the place and the aforementioned sense and feeling I described earlier washed over me. I quickly turned the corner and started pretty swiftly making my way down the long portion of the hall to the door which was open (as I said was at the top of the long hall, the long part of the "L"). My perspective simply "flew" through the door, after traveling for a short time down the hall like a bird and appeared in an all encompassing light, it was very complete and I felt it had no beginning and end, it felt like the totality of everything and nothing really, like Nirvana. At that point I roused and was lucid in my waking (literally), feeling a very full feeling.

Fruition of A&P

TL;DR: I had a lucid short dream of flying through a door and into a bright all encompassing light that felt like the totality of everything and nothing.
thumbnail
tarin greco, modified 12 Years ago at 6/22/11 11:57 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 6/22/11 11:57 AM

RE: Fruition or A&P in Lucid Dream

James P:
I am pretty confident that this was a fruition, it's a very literal lucid dream I had, I was thinking about it today and the lucidity and the whole experience is an uncanny fruition through the no self door. Here goes:

My grandparents died years ago, I remember their house, though, I guess it stuck with me. Their house, which was a one story, but had a pretty cool laundry shoot and layout. When I was younger I had dreams about being in their house and finding secret passages or rooms, extensions,etc. I found out years later that secret passages and rooms are indicative of hidden areas of the mind, when presented in dreams. The house began to represent my mind and I realized that years ago, so when I had dreams I knew I was looking at a part of my mind I was "getting access to" or realizing was part of my mind. Anyhow.

Not too too long ago, I had what I think is a fruition, it is at least and A&P experience. I remember the dream was very short. First off however, you must understand that their main house was designed around an "L" shaped hall, their front door would be where the top tip of the "L" would be, but a bit to the side, the hall ran down the length of a few rooms, then turned 90 degrees to the more hall, then the side door, which was down a small flight of stairs which further lead to the basement. Anyhow. all was the same in this house in my dream except the location of the front door, which was located at the very top tip of the "L".

I remember the dream because it just started and I was completely lucid. I recall for years having dreams of their place, but now I felt their love and energy there, it was them, but not, it was a very full and warm feeling, I was completely content, very tranquil, except, I wasn't in my body, in fact, I did not exist in bodily form, I was just my perspective that is all, like a camera with no physical house. My vantage started at the lower part of the "L" and I kinda got a gauge of the place and the aforementioned sense and feeling I described earlier washed over me. I quickly turned the corner and started pretty swiftly making my way down the long portion of the hall to the door which was open (as I said was at the top of the long hall, the long part of the "L"). My perspective simply "flew" through the door, after traveling for a short time down the hall like a bird and appeared in an all encompassing light, it was very complete and I felt it had no beginning and end, it felt like the totality of everything and nothing really, like Nirvana. At that point I roused and was lucid in my waking (literally), feeling a very full feeling.

Fruition of A&P

TL;DR: I had a lucid short dream of flying through a door and into a bright all encompassing light that felt like the totality of everything and nothing.

a&p
James E P, modified 12 Years ago at 6/22/11 1:08 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 6/22/11 1:08 PM

Thanks for your opinion, could you elaborate, the feeling so to speak of oneness in the light was pervasive, that's why I think it was a fruition
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 12 Years ago at 6/22/11 1:17 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 6/22/11 1:16 PM

James E P:
Thanks for your opinion, could you elaborate, the feeling so to speak of oneness in the light was pervasive, that's why I think it was a fruition

Oneness in light which is pervasive sounds like AP. A fruition (the entrance and exit) does not have any sense of "oneness in light". That sounds like classic AP territory.
James E P, modified 12 Years ago at 6/22/11 1:28 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 6/22/11 1:28 PM

Great, thanks for the elaboration.
thumbnail
Beoman Claudiu Dragon Emu Fire Golem, modified 12 Years ago at 6/22/11 1:29 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 6/22/11 1:29 PM

Nikolai .:
James E P:

Oneness in light which is pervasive sounds like AP. A fruition (the entrance and exit) does not have any sense of "oneness in light". That sounds like classic AP territory.

aye i'm voting for A&P as well. prepare for the dark night =).

a fruition is a non-experience, btw. it's a cessation of all experience. you only notice the entrance + the exit. there's no residing in it or feeling of oneness or what not. also lots of light and unity and experiences in dreams and feelings of 'getting it' and excitement about practicing (i gather that from the fact that you cross-posted the thread pretty quickly) is very A&P.
thumbnail
tarin greco, modified 12 Years ago at 6/22/11 1:36 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 6/22/11 1:35 PM

James E P:

- because it occurred in a dream.
- because you're very concerned with it.
- because i remember a very profound a&p experience of my own from many years ago which was similar to your account.
- precisely because you describe the experience as being one of oneness and an all-encompassing light.

have a read through the the parts of MCTB that address the arising and passing event, cessation, and telling the two apart. also, this thread might be useful, particularly the section titled 'unitive experiences'.

all the best with your practice, whatever your own diagnosis. also, welcome to the dho.

tarin
James E P, modified 12 Years ago at 6/22/11 2:25 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 6/22/11 2:22 PM

Thanks, I Thanks for your input, I didn't want to come off as too confrontational with my wording, it's all over the place today. I am not overly concerned about it being A&P or Fruition or a plain dream for that matter. I have had many expereinces of the A&P nature, and a had several that were fruition-esc, years ago. I am simply trying to sort of these things, with my knowledge and you guys who have more experience with the knowledge in the territory.

The totality of the experience and literal nature made me think it could be a fruition. I may not be describing the experience out the door correctly, I don't know if I could really do it justice, with words, it was not unitive per se, there was no time and no space, I didn't have reference eiither, it wasn't empty or full for that matter it just was and wasn't, my limited language is doing a horrible job describing it.

I plan to re-read MCTB parts, which I did a while ago, most of it is fresh in my mind still, but my disconnect is not wanting to fall into a trap thinking it's one thing and not another… regardless, this event is of little concern to me, it happened in the past, I must not grasp it, I am just very curious emoticon.

THANKS! Great to be here! Hope to get to know you all pretty well.
thumbnail
Dauphin Supple Chirp, modified 12 Years ago at 6/22/11 9:25 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 6/22/11 9:25 PM

Looks like I'm late to the party, but I'm pretty sure it was not fruition. I had a few lucid dreams around the time I now know was A&P, so it's very possible that might be going on in your case.

What you go through at path/fruition is much more of a "realizing" than an "experiencing." It's not a huge feeling or vision or anything "cool" like that. (A&P can be responsible for all those, but not fruition.) The realization you come to can (and probably usually does) produce a very pleasurable feeling, but that comes after the experience itself, which is really just a very brief moment of clarity and a brief moment of not experiencing anything (which can repeat over and over again). It's kind of hard to describe, but the key lies in the fact that, with path/fruition, all the "overwhelming feeling" and stuff happens after the experience, not during.
James E P, modified 12 Years ago at 6/22/11 10:15 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 6/22/11 10:15 PM

Never too late. I see the distinction, thank you for the succinct explanation, I see the "wow" factor of the sorta manifestation of the phenomena associated with A&P is a mark of it, the flash did have positive effect afterwards.
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 12 Years ago at 6/24/11 1:17 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 6/24/11 1:17 AM

a&p like they said

dreams, lights, etc

d
James E P, modified 12 Years ago at 6/24/11 8:36 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 6/24/11 8:36 AM

Thanks for all your help Dan et al. I am pretty convinced of the A&P nature, the literal no-self representation and the literal "door" and light and all that was pretty interesting in it's literal nature emoticon.. Nothing to do but keep sitting.