Sometimes the fourm is slow.

thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 3 Years ago at 3/31/20 8:59 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 3/31/20 8:59 AM

Sometimes the fourm is slow.

Has anyone noticed that sometimes when you try to publish a post it takes a long time and then you get an error message?

Does anyone know why that happens?
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 3 Years ago at 3/31/20 9:31 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 3/31/20 9:31 AM

RE: Sometimes the fourm is slow.

Karma. Deal with it emoticon 

p.s. all ok with the forum here. No issues. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 3/31/20 9:45 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 3/31/20 9:45 AM

Yes, it happens now and then. When I notice it starting to happen, I copy my text if I haven't already, so that I can paste it in anew instead of having to write it all again. I'm not a programmer so I don't have any clue as to what the exact problem is, but I have frequented several forums over the years and I don't find it surprising that there are a few bugs or server problems or whatever. Shit happens. 

(I do know, however, that there is a specific bug that makes a thread disappear from recent posts if a message is deleted from it, because it messes up some info about when the thread was last active. That bug is "solved" by bumping the thread again with a new message. So if one needs to delete a post, it's a good idea to remember the name of the thread and search for it in the search engine to make a new post. Then again, it is easier to just change the post than to delete it.)
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 3 Years ago at 3/31/20 1:20 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 3/31/20 1:20 PM

Jim, yes, things can be slow sometimes but it's usually because of the connection, not the content. Few of us have any control over our connection speed.

Breadcrumb