Wide-ranging podcast with Ryan of TheGoodTimeline

thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 3 Years ago at 4/21/20 5:27 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/20/20 4:03 PM

Wide-ranging podcast with Ryan of TheGoodTimeline

Ryan was kind enough to do another podcast with me at TheGoodTimeline.

We cover a wide range of topics in this lengthy episode, including a bunch of higher level Buddhist practice, experience and theory including jhanas; stream entry; trauma processing and metta / cultivation of joy.  

There is an emphasis on rational / pragmatic / Buddhist lens on chakras & anatomy; death & reincarnation; entity experiences;  belief structures & mythical thinking; MDMA & 5 MEO DMT; time, matter & consciousness; and parallels between bipolar disorder & spirituality.  

Other topics include "silent experiencers"; psychopathy; God & Highest Value; AI; Neuralink; and futurist Transhumanism.  

Also Mentioned:

Candide
Slow Motion Lightning
Maslow 
Stanislov Grof 
Trauma Sensitive Mindfulness 
MAPS 
Loving Kindness Sharon Salzberg Book 
The Demon Princes

It was a fine time.

Enjoy!

Daniel
David S, modified 3 Years ago at 4/25/20 8:25 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/25/20 6:37 PM

RE: Wide-ranging podcast with Ryan of TheGoodTimeline

Hi.

I  am interested in how there was a huge discrepency in continituity in Daniel's thinking in this podcast.

He didn't even try to integrate the notions of consciousness being emphemeral and notions of reincarnation.

Seems very sloppy to me.
David S, modified 3 Years ago at 4/25/20 9:26 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/25/20 6:42 PM

Or yet, better possibly said, another version of solopsism.
thumbnail
Smiling Stone, modified 3 Years ago at 4/26/20 9:30 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/26/20 9:30 AM

Hello David,

It looks like you are in this slightly antagonistic frame of mind today? Fair enough.
Would you mind articulating your critic a little (I saw you are specializing in the agressive one-liners, yes?), and maybe address it directly to Daniel, as he is the first concerned?
What I particularly like about Daniel (I haven't listened to that podcast yet) is something I would coin "radical honesty", referring to the fact that he does not try to conform to some image of what a realized being should look like etc. That's what he's done, yes, and this is the reality of this moment, take it or leave it. And he's been giving these really long interviews (or conversations) lately, where speech flow more freely, which I also find precious, letting the audience getting more intimate with his ways of conceptualizing...

well, I don't want to hijack this thread, just sayin'...
with metta
smiling stone

PS: "solipsism", I gather, you wrote it correctly in the past.
genaro, modified 3 Years ago at 4/26/20 12:22 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/26/20 12:21 PM

Normally i hate podcasts and videos as you have to sit waiting while the great and good get round to expresing themselves.

Give me a transcript i good old ASCII every time. You can speed read and skip over dull stuff and focus on what matters (to you).

Yet for once this gets the biscuit.  Not easy to home in via the website, but downoad the audio and beam in to 1:48:50 and understand why audio works.

Absoultuely magnificent!

I can feel a practice log on 'morality the first training' coming on, this has given me some confidence!

Breadcrumb