Bailey, modified 4 Years ago at 4/22/20 11:00 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 4/21/20 11:15 PM

Hallucinations??

Hallucinations??
Tim Farrington, modified 4 Years ago at 4/22/20 2:42 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 4/22/20 2:42 AM

RE: Hallucinations??

Bailey:
I haven't been meditating for too long, a couple weeks at most. Whenever I finish I feel really good, energetic, and peaceful. I don't really time my meditations i kind of just stay in it until my body feels it's time to come out of it. I normally just see pulses of white light clashing with darkness in the middle of my vision. Sometimes i have a sensation that something (like a shadow almost?) is hovering above me, but whenever i look i see nothing but darkness. This time all throughout the pulses of light i could see movement. it was fuzzy and i couldn't make out what it was 100% other than black shapes but it's like i could sense it was two people fighting. i could feel it inside and all around me that that's just what it was. i felt a coldness in my throat and an aching in my chest and could sense what was happening wasn't good. i was trying to understand what i was watching and why but i couldn't make any sense of it. one of the figures noticed i was there and starting walking to me and no matter how close they got it was still fuzzy and they were like a shadow. it got down into my face and a large eye opened up and blinked and i immediately jumped out of my meditation. it made me feel very uneasy, i've never experienced anything like that and just hope i'm not going crazy? 

How old are you?
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 4 Years ago at 4/22/20 4:31 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 4/22/20 4:31 AM

Weird things sometimes happen in meditation. The boundaries between dreaming and wakefulness aren't that clearcut as one might think, for instance. Whether or not it is "crazy" has to do with how one deals with it. All sorts of scary visions can come up. That's normal. It will pass. It has no substance. Take care of yourself and do what you need to do in order to not have it escalate in a way that messes up your daily life. Best wishes for your wellbeing and practice.
Brian, modified 4 Years ago at 4/22/20 4:56 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 4/22/20 4:56 AM

What kind of meditation are you doing?
Tim Farrington, modified 4 Years ago at 4/23/20 4:39 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 4/23/20 4:39 AM

Bailey, I see that you came yesterday and edited your original post down to almost zero, but didn't answer any of the questions people had posed. What's up?

metta,
tim
T, modified 4 Years ago at 4/23/20 6:18 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 4/23/20 6:18 AM

Maybe he switched places with the eye right before the universe disappeared and no longer cares
Tim Farrington, modified 4 Years ago at 4/23/20 6:34 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 4/23/20 6:34 AM

T:
Maybe he switched places with the eye right before the universe disappeared and no longer cares

I don't know, T-man, it sort of worries me, to tell you the truth.

Hello, Bailey, this is Whiskey Tango Foxtrot 1, do you copy, over?