The Bryngarth II Fire Kasina retreat audio is now up

The Bryngarth II Fire Kasina retreat audio is now up Daniel M. Ingram 4/22/20 11:35 PM
RE: The Bryngarth II Fire Kasina retreat audio is now up Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 4/23/20 2:23 AM
RE: The Bryngarth II Fire Kasina retreat audio is now up Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 4/23/20 2:33 AM
RE: The Bryngarth II Fire Kasina retreat audio is now up Siavash ' 4/23/20 2:52 AM
RE: The Bryngarth II Fire Kasina retreat audio is now up Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 4/23/20 5:35 AM
RE: The Bryngarth II Fire Kasina retreat audio is now up Siavash ' 4/23/20 5:36 AM
RE: The Bryngarth II Fire Kasina retreat audio is now up Jason Massie 4/23/20 8:33 AM
RE: The Bryngarth II Fire Kasina retreat audio is now up Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 4/23/20 2:08 PM
RE: The Bryngarth II Fire Kasina retreat audio is now up Siavash ' 4/23/20 7:11 PM
RE: The Bryngarth II Fire Kasina retreat audio is now up Lewis James 4/23/20 6:59 AM
RE: The Bryngarth II Fire Kasina retreat audio is now up Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 4/23/20 2:10 PM
RE: The Bryngarth II Fire Kasina retreat audio is now up Daniel M. Ingram 4/23/20 4:17 PM
RE: The Bryngarth II Fire Kasina retreat audio is now up Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 4/23/20 4:44 PM
RE: The Bryngarth II Fire Kasina retreat audio is now up A. Dietrich Ringle 4/23/20 10:13 AM
RE: The Bryngarth II Fire Kasina retreat audio is now up Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 4/23/20 4:45 PM
RE: The Bryngarth II Fire Kasina retreat audio is now up Steph S 4/23/20 1:25 PM
RE: The Bryngarth II Fire Kasina retreat audio is now up Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 4/23/20 1:54 PM
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 3 Years ago at 4/22/20 11:35 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/22/20 11:35 PM

The Bryngarth II Fire Kasina retreat audio is now up

I hope you enjoy and benefit from the information and bright spirit of this fine audio recording with advice and reports done at the end of the three-week Bryngarth II fire kasina retreat.

Yay, fire kasina!

Yay, Dharma!

Enjoy!
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 2:23 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 2:23 AM

RE: The Bryngarth II Fire Kasina retreat audio is now up

Smage! Haha, I love it. You are stuck with having coined that now, just so you know. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 2:33 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 2:31 AM

Damn it, I want to do this! After the corona virus, are there people here who would dare to spend a few weeks with me somewhere accessible? UK would work for me. I'm sufficiently nuts already and I don't think it will get much worse. 
thumbnail
Siavash ', modified 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 2:52 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 2:52 AM

Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö:
Damn it, I want to do this! After the corona virus, are there people here who would dare to spend a few weeks with me somewhere accessible? UK would work for me. I'm sufficiently nuts already and I don't think it will get much worse. 

I would like to participate in such a program, online of course, so I could probably be up for it, if you and others would like to have remote/online participants too.
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 5:35 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 5:35 AM

That would of course be one way of doing it. Then we wouldn't even have to wait for the corona virus to calm down. I really would want to do it in a small group in a cabin in the nature some time, though, preferably close to all the natural elements.
thumbnail
Siavash ', modified 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 5:36 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 5:36 AM

Yeah, a cabin in the nature is a dream.
thumbnail
Lewis James, modified 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 6:59 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 6:59 AM

I was planning to go to the last UK Fire Kasina retreat, then a change of jobs got in the way at the last minute. I would still really like to do a proper FK retreat at some point!
Jason Massie, modified 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 8:33 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 8:33 AM

I was planning fk home retreat may 22nd to june 1st but I can be flexible if other dates work better. I'd be up for a daily zoom check in with others on full time fk retreat. 
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 10:13 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 10:13 AM

Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö:
Just try getting some glasses with no anti-glare!
thumbnail
Steph S, modified 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 1:25 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 1:20 PM

Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö:

Yo, I already told Daniel I want in last time I talked to him. I hope all works out with my schedule and all that other logistical stuff. So see you there maybe?
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 1:54 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 1:54 PM

I guess that depends on whether I'd be welcome. If I am, then hell yeah! 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 2:08 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 2:08 PM

I have already planned online retreats on May 1-17 (three different online retreats in a row) and I can't take any more time off from work as long as I still have it. From July 1st I'm unemployed but will have to show up for meetings at the employment office unless the corona virus prohibits that. Thus it's probably not a good idea to wait for me. It would have been great, though.
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 2:10 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 2:10 PM

Lewis James:
I was planning to go to the last UK Fire Kasina retreat, then a change of jobs got in the way at the last minute. I would still really like to do a proper FK retreat at some point!

Good to know. Are those retreats announced somewhere? Or do people just ask? 
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 4:17 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 4:17 PM

They are not public retreats or announced or anything like that, just small groups of friends sharing the exploration of the dharma together.

How to stage your own fire kasina retreat:

1) Find a small (~3-10) group of very sane, nice, helpful, supportive, good people who you have a high degree of suspicion can handle themselves well in the face of fire-kasina-induced weirdness and the vagaries of deep practice stages that you would like to spend a few weeks going very deep with that you trust deeply who can afford to do it and have the time.

2) Find a venue that suits your budget where the kitchen is far from the meditation room and that is relatively quiet and hopefully peaceful and beautiful. Rural is generally way easier than urban. A large lawn or nearby nature is helpful.

3) Work out the money and logistics and all of that ahead of time. We have done straightforward open accounting where all expenses are disclosed and accounted for and everyone simply pays their fair share without anyone making any profit.

4) Seriously consider listening to most to all of the audio and printed materials at www.firekasina.org.

5) Do the retreat, supporting and sharing with each other on your journey, and consider adding some creative contribution to the ongoing body of knowledge of how to do this well and what is possible.

That's basically it!

Enjoy!

Daniel
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 4:44 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 4:43 PM

That sounds doable. I would probably have to find those other persons here, though, because I don't really have any other arena for meeting deep end practicioners. I have already started to look into the material and done som fire kasina at home, and I have decided to integrate it into my daily practice, so when travelling is okay again, I will be prepared. I just had a two hour session. Worst case scenario, I'll do it alone. Being autistic, I don't have a problem with that. I would feel safe alone in some forest cabin with weird visions. 

Thanks for the helpful advice! 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 4:45 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 4:45 PM

Sleeping Buddha Syndrome:
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö:
Just try getting some glasses with no anti-glare!

That's good advice! Thankyou!
thumbnail
Siavash ', modified 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 7:11 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/23/20 7:11 PM

Jason Massie:
I was planning fk home retreat may 22nd to june 1st but I can be flexible if other dates work better. I'd be up for a daily zoom check in with others on full time fk retreat. 

Thanks.
For me it depends on how my work goes. I'll pm you if I can join in 1-2 weeks.

Breadcrumb