What You Might Not Know About RT & Hardcore Direct Pointing

thumbnail
Tommy M, modified 12 Years ago at 7/9/11 5:45 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/9/11 5:41 PM

What You Might Not Know About RT & Hardcore Direct Pointing

I've spent the last few days joining up with the RT site and posting there, probably not making any friends but being confirmed as "enlightened" anyway. I genuinely thought that they were on to something with this, I wanted to help out and get involved with what seemed like one guy trying to get people to realize that there's no such thing as a self......until tonight when I received this message and have now left it entirely.I don't quite know what to make of this but all I know is that it concerned me and I think it's worth posting this to clarify what the real intention of the Relentless Truth movement is:

I got this message from Ciaran:

How's it going. We've had problems with pre-liberated before, and I want to really set out the situation as we see it, and what the arena is really for, so you know exactly where you stand.

I have freed 46 people directly, in the one year since becoming enlightened. I became enlightened by philosophically cracking the trigger mechanism for the state, so for me and others in RT, although we're not perfect, we're pretty damn good at confirming people.

I have trained people in liberating others. They've trained people who've trained people in liberating others.

We have freed, in total, something approaching 150 people. Enlightened. In real life.

The Arena is the core place where this happens. It is the hub, if you will. The hub of the world's first success at industrialising enlightenment.

Here's the deal.

While people like yourself had no way of really getting a crystal focus on the trigger mechanism for the state, I fully empathise with the attitude of "fate will free people when they are ready". I would feel exactly the same had I not an understanding of the core trigger mechanism.

Things have changed. The game has changed. Liberation can be industrialised. I look across people like yourself, and am reminded of small, independent artisans and craftsmen on the eve of the industrial revolution.

We can end this. Globally. In one generation, in real life.

Now, the only positions I will respect to what I have just said are

a) Digging into it to see if I can actually back it up in real life.

b) Getting on board.

What I don't understand is the shrug of the shoulders, and the going about your day in a serene haze of wonderful zen peace. We also have no time - AT ALL - for liberated people who derail or sabotage the liberations of others, by injecting woolly, vague thinking and zen dogma into the process.

Statistically speaking, someone gets raped every six minutes. It's been six hours since you last posted on the Arena. 60 people have been raped between you posting your last post, and me sending this response.

We can end this. Globally. In real life. In one generation.

If you want to discuss us, or advance our work by drawing attention to what we do, or challenging stereotypes that have already formed about RT, great. If you want to help us to reach a wider audience in any way, great. We will accept all and any help you would care to offer, no matter how small it may be.

Or you can start getting to grips with how the game has changed, and the possibility of a true and permanent solution to human misery and atrocity.

I would prefer the latter.

If you are happy to knuckle down, put everything you know about how to free people to one side and REALLY get to grips with how we do what we do, you are more than welcome to stay.

If you decide that you do not like our approach for ANY other reason than you know another approach which demonstrates comparable or better results, you get to leave. Fast. We don't have drama in the Arena. We have liberation.

Are you ok with this?

My response was:

You know what? This is built on so much fucking ego and poorly informed bullshit that it's laughable, I'm done with it. Clearly I've gotten the wrong end of the stick, good luck with whatever you're doing but I'm not interested in propagating one man's delusion. Hopefully those who genuinely have freed themselves, which is absolutely and completely possible, will see it for themselves eventually.

I'm out.

What people do is their decision. I just wanted to put this information out there.

EDIT: It cracks me up that this fucking tool has got the impression that I'm somehow "wooly", have "vague thinking" and walk around in a Zennie haze......HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! AF

Waste of fucking time.
thumbnail
Yadid dee, modified 12 Years ago at 7/9/11 7:04 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/9/11 5:50 PM

RE: What You Might Not Know About RT & Hardcore Direct Pointing

I see your point.

(Edited)
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 12 Years ago at 7/9/11 6:12 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/9/11 6:11 PM

May I offer a suggestion. Drop it! Stop defending something. Let them be. Let them do what their karma compels them to do. Let them think, judge, communicate as they do. For those wishing to progress rapidly on the path to fetter-free territory and beyond, keep Trent's wonderful advice below in mind. Who has a stake in what they do or don't do? Why do "I" feel the need to change people's minds?

Just so you know, I also am talking to myself too. :-)

The disharmony you’ve observed is the human condition, and it has ‘been there’ (naturally) since time immemorial. It is ‘both sides of this coin’ and the stress perceived to be between them as well … after all, ‘I’ am the ‘human condition’ and the ‘human condition’ is ‘me’.

What I once noticed was that when I held no allegiances, there was nothing to defend. With nothing to defend, I grew dispassionate. Without ally or enemy, the need for 'defense' born of fear and 'offense' born of aggression became utterly redundant. I dropped all 'my' armaments and became harmless … and a delicately sweet peace settled all about. Such is the result of a mind which refuses ill-will for any and every reason it can find; which may mean simply rejecting it by principle, or perhaps because of some specific reasoning.

So the notion about whether it ‘shouldn’t be there’ is beside the point, because it is already there. 'I' am both the 'offense' and 'defense', and it is because 'I' have chosen 'sides'. A more relevant question, then, may be: what am I going to do about it? Do 'I' dare care enough about ‘humanity’ to abandon it and all of the various divisions and groups that make it up? Trent

http://www.dharmaoverground.org/web/guest/discussion/-/message_boards/message/1858627
thumbnail
Yadid dee, modified 12 Years ago at 7/9/11 6:14 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/9/11 6:14 PM

Nikolai .:
May I offer a suggestion. Drop it! Stop defending something. Let them be. Let them do what their karma compels them to do. Let them think, judge, communicate as they do. For those wishing to progress rapidly on the path to fetter-free territory and beyond, keep Trent's wonderful advice below in mind. Who has a stake in what they do or don't do? Why do "I" feel the need to change people's minds?

You're definitely on to something here, great advice ;P
thumbnail
Bruno Loff, modified 12 Years ago at 7/10/11 6:06 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/10/11 6:06 AM

Yeah, this taking sides, having something to defend... It can show up in so many subtle ways, and in ways that are not at all subtle, but are hard to stop and see clearly until the episode is over...
thumbnail
faB, modified 12 Years ago at 7/10/11 8:49 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/10/11 8:41 AM

You're kidding right?

I also spent some time on there recently, lurking for now. I saw that thread, unfortunately it seems to have been deleted.

They didn't have to, if they did, because it was plain that you were so arrogant and rude to others.

> "probably not making any friends but being confirmed as "enlightened" anyway"

Your attitude is so arrogant and full of shit.

All I see on RT so far is no-nonsense and honesty.

No nonsense is very hard to swallow for some types, apparently.

Just look at yourself:

Mr.Arrogant comes in without introducing himself and starts teaching others. Dude where are your social skills? Think you"re so amazing that you need no introduction on other people's turf?

http://www.ruthlesstruth.com/arena/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1146&start=40#p24267

viv, there, how made this perfectly valid remark, came into your introduction topic later, said something that was fairly inocuous, and you immediately insulted her, and not very subtly either!

It was really pathetic, and claudiu-beoman's intervention to defend you was pretty poor as well.

You didn't even one moment provide an apology or simply "sorry" for insulting others.

Your ego is being stroken here just the way you like it. It reminds me of a great analogy that one of the connected RT blogs used to describe the illusion of self: X Factor contestants, being told by all their friends and family they are great, and so they believe in it. Only they're shit, but they can't see it.

DISCLAIMER : I'm not linked to RT in any way, I question a lot of things, which is why even though I'm interested in their approach I don't jump in there too soon. I came accross FBKB threads yesterday actually, and though I'd fill in the rest of the picture.

EDIT: And regarding CIaran's post, I honestly don't see anything worse than your own attitude. He's a pragmatist. Even if he may be deluded in thinking they will be able to "free" people in a few years, it starts out of a good intention. Their approach seems to be; they really don't give a shit about YOU, whether you are a "liberator" or a "noob". Doesn't that make sense? You go there for self gratification, to stroke your own "spiritual self" ego. We can all be caught in it and I'm not blaming you for doing so, rather I blame you for being so rude there and picturing an other community forum and their efforts in what is evidently your own filtered view.
upa saka, modified 12 Years ago at 7/10/11 12:06 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/10/11 9:34 AM

Fabrice D:
You're kidding right?

If that's all your seeing than you I think you are not really looking at what is there (sorry couldn't resist that one emoticon . That being said the method does help see non self, in a way that I found more direct than "Just noting what ever arises" (and I crossed stream entry with the "Just noting what ever arises" , so it's not just my theoretical perspective) and that's huge , there is plenty one can gain from enaging with RT IMO.

Tommy, many thanks for this post

http://www.ruthlesstruth.com/arena/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1222&sid=db485cd7194202839fe829c4fed2fca6&start=40#p24510

In the early mornings, when everything is quite an serene I get a taste of what your saying, and at times reality flips into "everything just happens mode" including my own hand reaching for something, it's very clear and direct and reality appears as pristine and perfect. But those times are fairly rare, are you able to carry to experience through out your day, for example when engaging people ?
thumbnail
Beoman Claudiu Dragon Emu Fire Golem, modified 12 Years ago at 7/10/11 9:46 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/10/11 9:46 AM

Ciaran:
the trigger mechanism for the state

hehe, imagine this was it:

"Visualize a light blue sphere in a tunnel. Now picture the sphere moving: forward, forward, left, forward, right, up, down. Now imagine it rotates to face you, then it comes towards you, then away, then up, then imagine you're hitting SHIFT+DELETE on a keyboard." BAM! Enlightened.
thumbnail
faB, modified 12 Years ago at 7/10/11 2:04 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/10/11 2:04 PM

upa sika:
Fabrice D:
You're kidding right?

If that's all your seeing than you I think you are not really looking at what is there (...)

No system is perfect. Talking about scoring systems.. didn't Daniel Ingram tell this story in the videos talk on Vimeo.. of some guy who went to Thailand, got his "1st path" degree that they used to hand out in those days, and then one year later or so, at the back of a truck, he suddenly realized he just had it there?

It seems to me the crux of the matter is always everyone's different definition or expectations of what is "enlightenment".

Jed McKenna's definition of awakening as the first big step (deprogramming of the Cult of False Self) seems to correspond to the "no self" RT blogs and forum are pointing at. Then Jed McKenna's definition of enlightenment is "the unprogrammed state" (abiding in non dual awareness), which takes another couple years or so in his words.
thumbnail
Yadid dee, modified 12 Years ago at 7/10/11 3:09 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/10/11 3:09 PM

Fabrice D:
.. didn't Daniel Ingram tell this story in the videos talk on Vimeo.. of some guy who went to Thailand, got his "1st path" degree that they used to hand out in those days, and then one year later or so, at the back of a truck, he suddenly realized he just had it there?

I'm pretty sure there was no such story in those videos, Fabrice.. May wanna re-watch `em ;-)
thumbnail
faB, modified 12 Years ago at 7/10/11 4:22 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/10/11 4:22 PM

Ahhhh. My bad, guess it was a Adyashanti talk. Can't find the link.

Breadcrumb