Kenneth Folk's Comprehensive Self Inquiry: Useful for direct pointing

thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 12 Years ago at 7/12/11 10:41 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/12/11 10:41 PM

Kenneth Folk's Comprehensive Self Inquiry: Useful for direct pointing

PLEASE LISTEN!!

http://kennethfolkdharma.com/2011/06/journalistic-self-enquiry-the-who-what-when-where-why-and-how-of-selfing/

“This is something you can do at any level of development; beginning, intermediate, and advanced yogis can do this. You can see for a moment that there is nobody home… and you can get this whiff of peace. And if you do it more… you get better at it.”
“And it gets to the point where you really can’t sustain the misperception any more. It’s just clear, all the time: ‘Where am I? Nowhere. Who am I? No one. What makes me think this is me? Nothing makes me think this. When am I? I’m not. Why do I think this is me and that is not me? I don’t think that.’”
“The apparent “I” is a misperception that can be cured.”
-an excerpt from the talk

It would appear K is taking on the notion that "I" am my feelings and my feelings are "me". :-)

"I" and "me" = the continuing illusory flow of "self"/sense of "being"/flow of becoming/flow of affect

I highly recommend this talk for any RTers and wannabe no-selfers alike. This is, IMO, a more comprehensive way of seeing all the shadows where the illusion of self maybe hiding. Deny it at your own risk!

:-)

Nick
Sanjay, modified 12 Years ago at 7/13/11 5:04 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/13/11 4:57 AM

RE: Kenneth Folk's Comprehensive Self Inquiry: Useful for direct point

Hi Nick

Thanks for the link.

Kenneth is asking not only Who, but also What, Where, When, Why and How . . emoticon

Nikolai .:
It would appear K is taking on the notion that "I" am my feelings and my feelings are "me". :-)

Like his use of the words "Body States" to describe what we usual call mind states, maps everything down to body sensations

Thanks
Sanjay
mico mico, modified 12 Years ago at 7/13/11 10:02 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 7/13/11 10:02 AM

RE: Kenneth Folk's Comprehensive Self Inquiry: Useful for direct point

Sanjay M:
Like his use of the words "Body States" to describe what we usual call mind states, maps everything down to body sensations

Kenneth has upstaged the RT kids.
Hardcore direct pointing? There are no mental states.
Instant disembedding.

Breadcrumb