Free online retreat starting today

thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 5/13/20 5:08 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 5/13/20 5:08 AM

Free online retreat starting today

Hi! I just wanted to share the link for registration for the free Unified Mindfulness online retreat "Immersion" that starts today, in less than three hours, with Shinzen Young and Julianna Rayes. You are free to design your own experience with it, depending on what you wish and are able to engage with. I took part of it last year and will do this year as well, as I found it helpful for my practice.

https://unifiedmindfulness.com/immersion
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 3 Years ago at 5/13/20 7:28 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 5/13/20 7:28 AM

RE: Free online retreat starting today

What time is that for us in Scandinavia? It would be interesting to join but not sure if I can fit it in. 

Is there one on one here as well? I see many teachers being involved. 

Just to give more clarity to those like me emoticon can you describe you past experience with this program and how did you fit it into your everyday life. 

Do you just join whenever? emoticon please excuse my confusion. 

Thank you Linda! 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 5/13/20 8:06 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 5/13/20 8:06 PM

It's from 3 pm to 3 am for us, central European time. 

One on one? No, far from it, but you can ask questions in the workshops and in the main classes. Lots of people are engaged in the chat as well, so it's possible to get replies from other participants too. It's a very chatty retreat. 

Last time I took time off from work and pretended that I was in the US, as I thought I might as well be jetlagged at home as there. I had cooked all my meals in advance so that I could join the program fulltime. I took part in many of the workshops and got some helpful advice and had a fruition that took away lots of tensions. This time around I had already done three online retreats this same spring, and honestly, this one feels a bit too industrial to me. It's huge, very unpersonal, and the sessions are too short. There are sessions for 12 hours straight, but they are broken up with biobreaks, and every other half an hour there is guidance. Today I found that so distracting that I left the retreat room and meditated on my own for hours instead. 

It is possible to go in and out of the retreat room whenever one wishes without being noticed. As for the workshops in the life practice room, or whatever it was called, you need to be on time and stay for the whole session, because your video shows up on the screen (or at least that was the case last year; I didn't join any workshops today so I don't know for sure). Every day there is also a set of interviews available to watch.
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 3 Years ago at 5/14/20 3:38 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 5/14/20 3:38 AM

Ok thank you Linda! I'm not a fan of too much stuff going on and certainly not into guided meditation as I forget most of the info anyway.

Thanks again and have a good one! 
Tim Farrington, modified 3 Years ago at 5/14/20 3:59 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 5/14/20 3:59 AM

Papa Che Dusko:
Ok thank you Linda! I'm not a fan of too much stuff going on and certainly not into guided meditation as I forget most of the info anyway.

Thanks again and have a good one! 

That was an unguided meditation we did yesterday, with the sharks and bears and all. I think Steph was okay with it, but we have to behave ourselves. I'd hate to get another yellow card, if the Latte Dumper suddenly changes hats. emoticon

Met an old NCO after your own heart the other day--- old black guy who had hauled a trailer (not his, he was a trailer-hauler by trade) to the wrong campground (i.e., mine). I saw him parked in the turnaround and went over to see if he needed help. which he did, he was lost as fuck and working on skimpy directions from some guy in richmond via a cell phone the old guy worked worse than i do, which is saying something. I had him call his guy to find out what the fuck campground he was supposed to be heading for, then got map and directions for him. While all that was happeing, we chatted. He had an lold Da Nang cap on, and he was a Marine, it turned out, so the talk moved naturally from there. I said, You must have retired as a sergeant, huh? and he said, no, i punched too many fucking officer assholes and retired as a fucking lance corporal. So i offered him whiskey. emoticon

Thought of you of course. emoticon
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 3 Years ago at 5/14/20 4:04 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 5/14/20 4:04 AM

Ehm, emoticon this thread is experiencing detour! (Hide) 
Tim Farrington, modified 3 Years ago at 5/14/20 4:10 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 5/14/20 4:10 AM

emoticon
oooops. good catch, Papaji. See you in the Bar.

Breadcrumb