No fireworks

Sean, modified 3 Years ago at 5/20/20 11:20 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 5/20/20 11:18 PM

No fireworks

Hi all,

I have a somewhat specific question. I'm probably looking to get my thoughts out there and get some general feedback in addition to getting the question answered, but no pressure emoticon

So I started doing noting practice a few months ago, and did that for a couple months, between like 1-1.5 hours/day in 3 sessions/day. For the past month or so, I've been about two hours/day (still in 3 sessions), but now I've stopped noting, mostly so that I can pick up on faster vibrations and be with them as they happen.

Nowadays, when I'm meditating or just doing stuff, if I'm focused I'm able to pretty clearly and consistently percieve rapid vibrations in the ~20 Hz range (to use Daniel's terminology). In particular, I guess, I'm starting to consistently pick up on sub-vibrations of slower vibrations. I've been at this level for a week or so now.

What I'm confused about is that I don't think I've really experienced an A&P event. Sometimes things get trippy when I meditate (ie, the walls start breathing), but I've never felt like things were out of control.

So, what I'm wondering is, does crossing the A&P threshold always/usually involve visions or similarly mind-blowing experiences? Or can you cross it without having a big A&P event?

Thanks so much for your time. My apologies if this is a bad thread to post this in.
Sean
Martin, modified 3 Years ago at 5/21/20 12:09 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 5/21/20 12:09 AM

RE: No fireworks

I'm sorry that I can't answer your question. (I've heard that questions answered in both ways, and my exprience is just one data point.) But I can ask a few. Did notice passing through stages 1 to 3? Is there a particuar reason for which you expect to experience A&P at this point? 
Sean, modified 3 Years ago at 5/21/20 2:40 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 5/21/20 1:59 PM

RE: No fireworks

Hi Martin,

Thank you so much for your reply! I understand that you cannot answer my question, no problem. Great questions on your end! I definitely did not notice passing through stages 1-3.

I guess I've kind of been fixating on a couple of things, A&P events and vibration speed, as indicators for where I am on the path (because those things seem more definite compared to other characteristics of the stages). But I'm definitely a total novice!

Physical/mental sensations felt chaotic and clunky for a long time, but they've smoothed out and these sensations feel more like waves of different intensities/lengths washing by me. Overall, my world feels pretty relaxed and comfortable and normal, except for the vibrations and identifying a lot less with my thoughts. But I was thinking A&P might be next, because I read that vibrations speed up a lot before A&P.

IDK, I feel like I'm mostly just winging things here! I should probably find somebody to grill in person about this stuff...

Thanks,
Sean