The beauty of this moment is ALWAYS available

Richard Geller, modified 12 Years ago at 8/7/11 12:35 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/7/11 12:35 PM

The beauty of this moment is ALWAYS available

Hi,

I just realized something. The beauty of this moment is always available. In fact, it always exists anyway, whether or not you place an identity on it.

But once you get to the point of recognizing what it is, even with an identity, you'll see that it is always there, it can't not be.

I'm new to this, so excuse me if my "huge" insights are noob stuff, but I just noticed it.

Rich.
thumbnail
Bruno Loff, modified 12 Years ago at 8/7/11 1:22 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/7/11 1:20 PM

RE: The beauty of this moment is ALWAYS available

After having so many "insights," it seems that my own attitude towards such experiences, shifts, epiphanies, eureka moments, etc, has now stabilized into a sort of indifference.

It happened to me sooo many times that such a shift or insight or whatever turned out to be just more mental fabrications, just more spinning stories, that I am nowadays somewhat suspicious of the conclusions attained in such moments, and no longer seem to feel an urge to plant a flag claiming a "new insight."

That said, some of these experiences did cause changes in perspective with immediate, lasting, practical, day-to-day life consequences which are sometimes subtle and sometimes glaring.

It's all one big adventure emoticon

Edit: here are two ways of knowing if it was an insight "for real." (1) if it isn't just a temporary emotional-intelectual fling, meaning it lasts for more than two weeks/months, then maybe you did actually learn something; and (2) if the experience is repeatable again, and again and again, to the point you can learn to just have it whenever you choose, then maybe you have indeed opened up a new layer of your mind.

Breadcrumb