Mathew Poskus, modified 3 Years ago at 7/16/20 12:41 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/16/20 12:41 AM

Ok so this is emptiness :)

Its like tripping on acid but more natural :3
thumbnail
Ni Nurta, modified 3 Years ago at 7/16/20 1:08 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/16/20 1:08 AM

RE: Ok so this is emptiness :)

I am pretty sure that tripping on acid have more in common with using more of your brain at once to generate perception. In case of acid this is forced by hiper-activating neurons all over your brain. Typically thi forcing makes everything become an unscrabled mess, especially when you have your neurons untrained in generating perceptions. If you do have trained pathways LSD does not change your perception that much anymore and you certainly do not see any fractals.

When you train your neuronal pathways to generate proper perceptions and then activate them at once while being sober you actually get stable perception generated by many parts of brain which do the same work, albeit each of which brain parts do it still slightly differently. You get the same experiences of richness and even your body starts to smell sweet the same way as it does on acid.

Emptiness on itself is something different. You do however kinda experience emptiness on acid but it is because you have so much activity all around brain it overpowers your normal pathways. Also these normal pathways when you overstimulate them too much will just stop working properly. All this makes you experience reality through different parts of brain that you normally do thus experience what you call emptiness.
thumbnail
Lewis James, modified 3 Years ago at 7/16/20 4:50 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/16/20 4:49 AM

In case of acid this is forced by hiper-activating neurons all over your brain. Typically thi forcing makes everything become an unscrabled mess, especially when you have your neurons untrained in generating perceptions.

While I agree with the overall thrust of your post, check out this study on LSD:

https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2016/04/05/1518377113.full?sid=4396f1ed-3885-49bd-bab1-21b161793e12

While there is some limited increase in brain activity in the visual cortex, overall brain activity seems to go down.

LSD’s [increased blood flow and connectivity profile] on the visual cortex did not significantly correlate with the drug’s other characteristic effects on consciousness, however. Rather, decreased connectivity between the parahippocampus and retrosplenial cortex (RSC) correlated strongly with ratings of “ego-dissolution” and “altered meaning,” implying the importance of this particular circuit for the maintenance of “self” or “ego” and its processing of “meaning.”

Significant relationships were found between ego-dissolution and decreased delta (mean cluster, r = −0.54; P < 0.05) and alpha power (mean cluster, r = −0.29; P < 0.05) and between simple hallucinations and decreased alpha power (mean cluster, r = −0.61; P < 0.05) (Fig. 4emoticon. Plotting the power spectrum independently for each condition for the significant alpha cluster (Fig. 5C), it is evident that the distribution of power is decreased across a broad frequency range under LSD

This is even apparently more pronounced an effect with psilocybin mushrooms:

https://www.pnas.org/content/109/6/2138.short

As predicted, profound changes in consciousness were observed after psilocybin, but surprisingly, only decreases in cerebral blood flow and BOLD signal were seen, and these were maximal in hub regions, such as the thalamus and anterior and posterior cingulate cortex (ACC and PCC). Decreased activity in the ACC/medial prefrontal cortex (mPFC) was a consistent finding and the magnitude of this decrease predicted the intensity of the subjective effects. Based on these results, a seed-based pharmaco-physiological interaction/functional connectivity analysis was performed using a medial prefrontal seed. Psilocybin caused a significant decrease in the positive coupling between the mPFC and PCC. These results strongly imply that the subjective effects of psychedelic drugs are caused by decreased activity and connectivity in the brain's key connector hubs, enabling a state of unconstrained cognition
Mathew Poskus, modified 3 Years ago at 7/16/20 12:23 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/16/20 11:18 AM

I mean percieving reality from samadhi in emptines (when theres is no middleman I in it) that percieving fast  sensations (what  karma generates) remind me of percieving reality in acid and nothing more, no visuals or nothin, I dont know how to call it right, sorry,
P. S. I DONT PROPAGATE ACID, CAUSE THERE IS NO REAL INSIGHTS THERE! HA U WISH PAY MONEY AND GET NANAS XD
thumbnail
Ni Nurta, modified 3 Years ago at 7/16/20 1:11 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/16/20 1:11 PM

Good point.
Actually I notices sharp decrease in quality of generated sensual perceptions. Benchmark being actual ability to resolve small visual details from far away, feat which I know takes careful processing. This suggest that neurons are actually malfunctioning and this might be caused by actually decreased activity and increased periods of keeping them merely active (not completely sleeping).

LSD does however seem to activate most of my brain at once in one way or the other. It is something I can replicate by "manually" activating more parts of my brain to participate in perception and it brings most of LSD effects, even characteristic smell. What it lacks is the so called mindfuck and decreased perception performance. Using it however tire my brain much quicker so it is not good idea to try to experience this mind state all the time. Activating it takes like fraction of a second and keeping perception in this configuration is done by merely not allowing these parts of brain to go to sleep. The last part requires to have access to each part of brain in perception space and it is best done by cascading layers of perception which these parts of brain generate. Is is possible to do it without cascading but cascading work just fine and doesn't require going to 8th jhana which is kinda hard when your brain screams with activity. Cascading is thus more usable approach.

This cascading also sometimes happen on LSD and it actually gave me the idea to use it myself. Usually however it does not happen and without it it is also harder to see that those are actually different part of brains generating perceptions.
thumbnail
Ni Nurta, modified 3 Years ago at 7/16/20 1:18 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/16/20 1:18 PM

Mathew Poskus:
P. S. I DONT PROPAGATE ACID, CAUSE THERE IS NO REAL INSIGHTS THERE! HA U WISH PAY MONEY AND GET NANAS XD
I disagree.
Acid and some other real psychedelics can literally create/open connections within your brain and make your otherwise boring sensual experience in to literal pure abode.

It does however require directed effort in your normal practice to actually learn to do what was experienced on the trip. Without it the most likely thing you can get is depression caused by desire to experience what was experienced when on drugs and make you abuse psychoactive substances and potentially wreck your life. So it is actually good to not recommend it.

Breadcrumb