DhO Upgrade happening now! Stop posting until complete.

General

Dear All, The remarkable Manish is about to backup and upgrade Liferay to Liferay 7. This is the fundamental platform on which the DhO runs. As such, anything posted from about now (January 23, Saturday, at around noon Central Time) will likely be lost until the upgrade is complete. Thus, stop posting anything you wish to last now until this is done! Thanks! -Daniel, Owner of the DhO

Message Boards Message Boards

Retreat Centers

Looking for Teacher & place to go on retreat near NYC

Toggle
I have been practicing meditation twice daily for about 4.5 years. I have started to prolong my sits from anywhere of an hour to 90 mins in the morning and another 30 mins , sometimes 40 or 50 mins in the second half of the day. 

Some days I do even more but 90 minutes a day is my current standard. I know what may be more important than quantity of sit time is the quality. 

I definitely feel like I could be making greater progress by attending retreats and finding a teacher. I did attend my first 4 day Zen retreat at the beginning of the year although that wasn't very intensive. 

I am looking for some recommendations for teachers and retreat centers that aren't too far from NYC. 

I know because of the corona situation a lot of retreat centers are going online. I guess it is possible to get good guidance from a teacher via zoom call or skype so maybe location would not be so important. 

However I would like to attend a more intensive 7-10 day retreat sometime soon. 

Thanks for your help.

RE: Looking for Teacher & place to go on retreat near NYC
Answer
8/18/20 2:35 PM as a reply to Artem Zen.
I know an excellent teacher located in New Yoork, not far from NYC. I'll send you a private message,

Announcements Announcements