Looking for friendship and spiritual peers

Kirill, modified 3 Years ago at 9/13/20 9:06 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 9/13/20 9:06 PM

Looking for friendship and spiritual peers

Hello there! I'm a 26 year old guy living in Vancouver (Canada).

I've started on the path just a few months ago, but I'd like to eventually take it all the way to Enlightenment and help others. As far as I know, I only got to A&P very briefly a couple of times, even though I've already experienced some positive improvements in my life.

I don't have anyone who supports me on this path yet, so I'm interested in making friends and spiritual peers. I want to practice together, go on meditation retreats together, explore mind space, share views, experiences, thoughts, observations and knowledge.

A little about me: I'm a positively minded guy, other interests include: nature, swimming, dancing, programming. If you're interested in becoming friends, feel free to connect with me! If you're in Vancouver, even better, we can meet up in person!
thumbnail
Bailey , modified 3 Years ago at 9/14/20 1:25 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 9/14/20 1:21 PM

RE: Looking for friendship and spiritual peers

Welcome!

"I don't have anyone who supports me on this path yet"

You have a whole forum full of people emoticon You will see how friendly and helpful people are here

For real life friends and support... you live in a big city and I am sure if you do a little research you can find some meditation groups.

Finally, another way to meet peopleis through retreats, and if you are a serious about the path taking one is a non-negotiable emoticon 
thumbnail
David Matte, modified 3 Years ago at 1/28/21 8:58 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 9/14/20 4:14 PM

Hey! Vancouver should be a prime place to find the like minded wierdos who are into all this crazy stuff!
Feel free to contact me if you'd like to connect. I've been dedicated to the spiritual path for almost 6 years now.
Emil Jensen, modified 3 Years ago at 1/30/21 10:21 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 1/30/21 10:21 AM

Hey man, welcome to the rat race emoticon

Oh man, I think I know how you feel. I know no-one in meat space who practices meditaiton. I mean.. I know a few who sometimes focuses on their breath for a few minutes but you know.. doesn't really compare to being a dhamma nut!

It's been super (and sometimes mega-super) lonely for me. This site actually helps a lot. Shows that I'm clearly not alone in the world with this, and also I've gotten to talk to some cool DhOrks.

And hey, for whatever it's worth: If y'all be livin in Denmark and wanna start a Dhamma Club on Frederiksberg, I'd totally be up for that emoticon

Joseph Ernedal, modified 3 Years ago at 1/30/21 4:09 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 1/30/21 4:09 PM

Check out Birken Forest monastery, Ajahn Sona on youtube, if I lived closer to there I would love to go on retreat with that guy, he is really easy for me and my personality type to connect to. See if you connect to him as well (maybe watch one of his videos about his life story? Pretty interesting, he was a hermit even becoming a monk for quite a while, had some interesting experiences living with a minimalist mindset in extreme winter nature conditions that he describes, something like camping in the middle of winter in canada with just winter clothes and some trash bags and tarps with a friend haha).

Breadcrumb