HAIETMOBA confusion

Simon L, modified 12 Years ago at 8/18/11 9:50 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/18/11 9:50 AM

HAIETMOBA confusion

Hi,

Since my primary language isn't english, I had misinterpreted the haietmoba slightly. It did have some impact the past few weeks, put the difference once I saw the mistake was quite powerful.

What I had translated it into and understood as, was to ask "how am I experiencing this moment of (so far so good, but then...) live".

Now you english folk make the difference of the meaning of the words life and live pretty complex, and this is the last place to get into that. But when I say live at the end of the question, I mean live as a given. Just "that's live, that's what all the people say."

But then I realized the actual thing was to focus on being alive. This is a whole different perspective. It's not focusing on life/live (?? argh emoticon ) as in "all around you".

But it's on the being alive.

This is a powerful difference.
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 12 Years ago at 8/18/11 10:41 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/18/11 10:40 AM

RE: HAIETMOBA confusion

Main Entry: alive
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: being animately existent
Synonyms: animate, around, awake, breathing, cognizant, conscious, dynamic, existing, extant, functioning, growing,
knowing, live, living, mortal, operative, running, subsisting, viable, vital, working, zoetic
Antonyms: dead, deceased, inanimate, lifeless
Simon L, modified 12 Years ago at 8/18/11 10:59 AM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/18/11 10:59 AM

RE: HAIETMOBA confusion

Nikolai .:
Main Entry: alive
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: being animately existent
Synonyms: animate, around, awake, breathing, cognizant, conscious, dynamic, existing, extant, functioning, growing,
knowing, live, living, mortal, operative, running, subsisting, viable, vital, working, zoetic
Antonyms: dead, deceased, inanimate, lifeless

Exactly. And what I was focusing on before I noticed my mistake was that I thought it was about living, instead of being alive.

Living being living your life, with no particular focus on the fact I'm alive.

Focusing on being alive instead directly points towards this fact and from there on all that you notice is so much more effective when it comes to the practice.