This feeling in the nape of my neck

Simon L, modified 12 Years ago at 8/19/11 2:31 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/19/11 2:31 PM

This feeling in the nape of my neck

I've been doubting whether or not to post this, because I fear it might not be believed.

Then, on the other hand, it is a genuine experience, and a significant one to me in my process.

So here goes...

I know that Richard had some sort of feeling of something happening in the nape of his neck before he became actually free. Also, I know that others had not reported such a thing, so this was a bit outside my expectation.

But a few ours ago, I was having dinner with friends, during which I continued the practice, I got this feeling in my neck. I wasn't actually in the nape of my neck, but a little higher. It was kind of a sense of pressure, and then it seemed to move down a bit.

As this was happening, I felt slightly nauseous, but also increasingly aware of my environment and very quiet mentally. There were some PCE experiences that were more real than the others once's I've had.

I also felt dizzy, and at one point very afraid, though this fear disappeared suddenly once I focused on it. Like instantly, it turned into a good feeling.

This went on for some time and I had another fear that was very persistent. A fear of what was happening. At one point I could only let go and accept that what was happening, was happening.

Anyway, it passed. No stepping into the actual world here. The feeling in my neck is gone too.

What did remain is a PCE like state that has stayed, making the practice much easier.

The interesting part is that the PCE during the event was so.... how do you describe it? So much more real. Not like any I've had before. It was the same thing, but much more tangible, experienced heavier (in a good way), and the best word I can find is "close to me". Like it was closer to my body or something.

Anyway, right now I'm fine. Continuing the practice, but now with the PCE like state that has so far not gone away. I hope it stays. Maybe even grows.

I'm glad I posted this anyway. It was, and admittedly is, scary among the other things. And I wanted to get it off my chest and see if there are others here who've had the same experience and/or can comment on it or give advice.
thumbnail
Beoman Claudiu Dragon Emu Fire Golem, modified 12 Years ago at 8/19/11 3:09 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/19/11 3:09 PM

RE: This feeling in the nape of my neck

it might have been your first real PCE... or a more solid EE than usual. remember it well. it seems to already have affected your practice for the better, giving you momentum (more pce-like baseline) - use that to build even more momentum. this thread might be good to read through
Simon L, modified 12 Years ago at 8/19/11 3:27 PM
Created 12 Years ago at 8/19/11 3:27 PM

RE: This feeling in the nape of my neck

Beoman Claudiu Dragon Emu Fire Golem:
it might have been your first real PCE... or a more solid EE than usual. remember it well. it seems to already have affected your practice for the better, giving you momentum (more pce-like baseline) - use that to build even more momentum. this thread might be good to read through

Fascinating thread. Thanks.

Whatever is going on, it's still going on.

I get this sense of pressure in that area of my neck, and I begin to get more and more spaced out. In a good way. Like when you get the biggest relief of your life, all previous stress disappears, and you sink down into the couch and just.... space out.

Also, I feel very little. Just spaced out and released from a lot of emotional stuff. This seems to deepen. And instead of focusing on the world, I notice a lack of focus and deep physical relaxation.

And when I do look at the world when I have to, I experience it more directly.

It feels right somehow. Everything feels good. At least at times.

If these are bits and pieces of what life is like in actual freedom, I'm looking forward to it!